Joanna K Fadyl
Affiliation: Auckland University of Technology
Country: New Zealand
- Return to work after injury: a review of evidence regarding expectations and injury perceptions, and their influence on outcomeJoanna Fadyl
School of Rehabilitation and Occupation Studies, AUT University, Northcote, Auckland, New Zealand
J Occup Rehabil 18:362-74. 2008..Increasingly, expectations and injury perceptions are being explored as potential factors in work disability, because of their role in influencing behaviours...
- Approaches to vocational rehabilitation after traumatic brain injury: a review of the evidenceJoanna Kristin Fadyl
School of Rehabilitation and Occupation Studies, AUT University, Auckland, New Zealand
J Head Trauma Rehabil 24:195-212. 2009..However, there are several different approaches to vocational rehabilitation after TBI and little guidance regarding how to identify the best option for a particular context...
- Factors contributing to work-ability for injured workers: literature review and comparison with available measuresJoanna K Fadyl
Health and Rehabilitation Research Centre, AUT University, Auckland, New Zealand
Disabil Rehabil 32:1173-83. 2010..This review sought to identify and clarify key factors thought to contribute to individual work-ability, then compare these against existing measures of work-ability for people with injury...
- Interrogating discourse: the application of Foucault's methodological discussion to specific inquiryJoanna K Fadyl
Person Centred Research Centre, Health and Rehabilitation Research Institute, AUT University, Private Bag 92006, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Health (London) 17:478-94. 2013..It is intended as a contribution to methodological discussion in this area, offering an interpretation of various methodological elements described by Foucault, alongside specific application of these aspects. ..
- Development of a new tool to evaluate work support needs and guide vocational rehabilitation: the work-ability support scale (WSS)Joanna K Fadyl
Auckland University of Technology, Centre for Person Centred Research, Health and Rehabilitation Research Institute, Northcote, Auckland, New Zealand
Disabil Rehabil 37:247-58. 2015..This article outlines our overall approach, qualitative work, and pilot testing to develop a tool to facilitate identification of level of support needs and assist in planning for vocational rehabilitation interventions...
- Perspectives on quality of care for people who experience disabilityJoanna K Fadyl
Health and Rehabilitation Research Institute, AUT University, Private Bag 92006, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
BMJ Qual Saf 20:87-95. 2011..This qualitative study aimed to explore and synthesise these perspectives to build a better picture of what constitutes good-quality care for disabled people in New Zealand...
- Foucault, the subject and the research interview: a critique of methodsJoanna K Fadyl
Person Centred Research Centre, Health and Rehabilitation Research Institute, AUT University, Auckland, New Zealand
Nurs Inq 20:23-9. 2013....
- Understanding decisions about work after spinal cord injuryJoanna K Fadyl
Health and Rehabilitation Research Centre, AUT University, Private Bag 92006, Auckland, New Zealand
J Occup Rehabil 20:69-80. 2010..This qualitative study sought to identify factors that influenced decisions about whether and when to RTW for people with SCI...