Genomes and Genes
Country: New Zealand
- Profound Reversible Hypogammaglobulinemia Caused by Celiac Disease in the Absence of Protein Losing EnteropathyRohan Ameratunga
Department of Clinical Immunology, Auckland Hospital, Park Rd, Grafton, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
J Clin Immunol 35:589-94. 2015..There should be a low threshold for undertaking celiac serology in patients with hypogammaglobulinemia, even if they have minimal symptoms attributable to gut disease. ..
- The clinical utility of molecular diagnostic testing for primary immune deficiency disorders: a case based reviewRohan Ameratunga
Department of Clinical Immunology Auckland City Hospital, Park Rd, Grafton, Auckland New Zealand
Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol 6:12. 2010..It is written from the perspective of a laboratory offering a wide range of tests for a small developed country...
- Anaphylaxis to hyperallergenic functional foodsRohan Ameratunga
LabPlus, Auckland City Hospital, Park Rd, Grafton, Auckland, New Zealand
Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol 6:33. 2010..abstract:..
- Identification of germinal centres in the lymph node of a patient with hyperimmunoglobulin M syndrome associated with congenital rubellaRohan Ameratunga
Departments of Virology and Immunology, LabPlus, Auckland Hospital, Park Rd, Auckland, New Zealand
J Clin Immunol 34:796-803. 2014..Here we describe the ultrastructural features of an excised lymph node from this patient...
- Primary immune deficiency disorders in the South Pacific: the clinical utility of a customized genetic testing program in New ZealandRohan Ameratunga
Department of Clinical Immunology, Auckland City Hospital, New Zealand
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1238:53-64. 2011..Here we review the clinical indications for genetic testing for PIDs based on cases referred to the molecular immunology diagnostic service at Auckland City Hospital...
- New diagnostic criteria for CVIDRohan Ameratunga
Department of Virology and Immunology, Auckland Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Expert Rev Clin Immunol 10:183-6. 2014..RESPONSE TO: Kumar R, Bhatia A. Common variable immunodeficiency in adults: current diagnostic protocol and laboratory measures. Expert Rev. Clin. Immunol. 10(2), 000-000 (2014)...
- Clinical variability of family members with the C104R mutation in transmembrane activator and calcium modulator and cyclophilin ligand interactor (TACI)Wikke Koopmans
Department of Virology and Immunology, Auckland City Hospital, Park Rd, Auckland, New Zealand
J Clin Immunol 33:68-73. 2013..We carried out a detailed immunological and molecular study in a family with a C104R mutation...
- Customised molecular diagnosis of primary immune deficiency disorders in New Zealand: an efficient strategy for a small developed countryRohan Ameratunga
LabPlus, Auckland Hospital, Park Rd, Grafton, Auckland, New Zealand
N Z Med J 122:46-53. 2009..Timely diagnosis can be life-saving in children with PIDs such as severe combined immune deficiency...
- Health Risks and Adverse Reactions to Functional FoodsRohan Ameratunga
a LabPlus, Auckland Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 56:318-25. 2016..Our review will assist regulatory agencies, manufacturers and consumer groups to assess the benefits and reduce the risks associated with these products. ..
- Cellular and molecular characterisation of the hyper immunoglobulin M syndrome associated with congenital rubella infectionRohan Ameratunga
Department of Virology and Immunology, Auckland City Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
J Clin Immunol 29:99-106. 2009..The hyper-immunoglobulin M syndrome (HIM) is a rare group of immune deficiency disorders characterised by normal or increased serum IgM with normal or reduced IgG, IgA and IgE...