Eva Maria Merz
Affiliation: Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute
- The association of family support and wellbeing in later life depends on adult attachment styleEva Maria Merz
Vu University Amsterdam and Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute, The Hague, The Netherlands
Attach Hum Dev 11:203-21. 2009..Work detailing when, how, and for whom particular types of family support are beneficial is a key agenda within developmental psychology and social gerontology...
- The long reach of childhood. Childhood experiences influence close relationships and loneliness across lifeEva Maria Merz
Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute, The Hague, The Netherlands Electronic address
Adv Life Course Res 18:212-22. 2013..Life span theoretical perspectives, such as attachment theory are discussed as useful unifying framework to study social relationships, their interconnectedness and association with outcome during all phases of life. ..
- Ethnic group moderates the association between attachment and well-being in later lifeEva Maria Merz
Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute, The Hague, Netherlands
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 18:404-15. 2012..Results are interpreted in light of general and culture-specific premises of attachment. The article concludes with some implications and suggestions for future work...
- Intergenerational family solidarity: value differences between immigrant groups and generationsEva Maria Merz
Department of Clinical Child and Family Studies, Faculty of Psychology and Education, VU University Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Fam Psychol 23:291-300. 2009..Immigration and acculturation may create great strains in migrant families. Policies to support the fabric of intergenerational solidarity should consider ethnic and religious background and immigration history...
- Intergenerational relations across 4 years: well-being is affected by quality, not by support exchangeEva Maria Merz
Department of Clinical Child and Family Studies, VU University Amsterdam, Van der Boechorststraat 1, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Gerontologist 49:536-48. 2009..Additionally, associations between intergenerational support and well-being in adult children over time were investigated...