- Combined Trochleoplasty and Medial Patellofemoral Ligament Reconstruction for Recurrent Patellar Dislocations in Severe Trochlear Dysplasia: A Minimum 2-Year Follow-up Study
Manfred Nelitz, Orthopaedic Specialty Clinic, MVZ Oberstdorf, Trettachstrasse 16, 87561 Oberstdorf, Germany
Am J Sports Med 41:1005-12. 2013
- Anatomic reconstruction of the medial patellofemoral ligament in children and adolescents with open growth plates: surgical technique and clinical outcome
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Ulm, Germany
Am J Sports Med 41:58-63. 2013
..This study presents the outcomes of a minimally invasive technique for anatomic reconstruction of the medial patellofemoral ligament (MPFL) in children that respects the distal femoral physis...
- Analysis of failed surgery for patellar instability in children with open growth plates
University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 20:822-8. 2012
- Clinical outcome and magnetic resonance imaging after osteochondral autologous transplantation in osteochondritis dissecans of the talus
Julia V Woelfle
1Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Foot Ankle Int 34:173-9. 2013
..As abnormal MRI finding was not necessarily diagnostically conclusive, MRI might be of limited value in postoperative follow-up. Level of Evidence: Level IV, retrospective case series...
- Mid-term results after ultrasound-monitored treatment of developmental dysplasia of the hips: to what extent can a physiological development be expected?
Department of Orthopedics, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Pediatr Orthop B 22:30-5. 2013
..Although remodelling of the acetabulum can be expected, there remains a risk of residual dysplasia. For this reason, radiographic follow-up of every once treated hip as well as the initially physiological contralateral hip is necessary...
- Permanent patellar dislocation after a nonoperative treatment of recurrent dislocation of the patella because of trochlear dysplasia: a case report and review of the literature
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Pediatr Orthop B 22:325-8. 2013
..This case report shows the complicating history after a period of numerous patellar dislocations with primarily spontaneous reduction and a nonreducible dislocation at the follow-up 2 years after a nonoperative treatment...
- Correction of knee deformity in patients with Ellis-van Creveld syndrome: A case report and review of the literature
Jens Arne Jöckel
Department of Orthopaedic Trauma, University of Ulm, Steinhoevelstr 9, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Knee 19:218-22. 2012
- The asymptomatic contralateral hip in unilateral slipped capital femoral epiphysis: morbidity of prophylactic fixation
Julia V Woelfle
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Ulm, Oberer Eselsberg 45, Ulm, Germany
J Pediatr Orthop B 21:226-9. 2012
..To avoid the need for secondary fixation, screw epiphysiodesis might be considered...
- Observer agreement on the Dejour trochlear dysplasia classification: a comparison of true lateral radiographs and axial magnetic resonance images
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Am J Sports Med 40:837-43. 2012
..The indication for deepening trochleoplasty to treat trochlear dysplasia is also mainly based on the severity of trochlear dysplasia according to Dejour's criteria...
- Increasing posterior tibial slope does not raise anterior cruciate ligament strain but decreases tibial rotation ability
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Centre of Musculoskeletal Research, University of Ulm, Germany
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 28:285-90. 2013
..It was investigated whether the strain of the anterior cruciate ligament and tibial kinematics are affected by increasing posterior tibial slope...
- Silent slipped capital femoral epiphysis in overweight and obese children and adolescents
Division of Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, University of Ulm, Eythstr 24, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 171:1461-5. 2012
..Mild deformation of the epiphysis at young age might be a major predisposing factor for the development of hip osteoarthritis in obese adults...