- Descending necrotizing mediastinitis associated with Lactobacillus plantarum
Department of Infection Control and Prevention, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8603, Japan
BMC Infect Dis 13:398. 2013
..The majority of causative microbes of DNM are Streptococci and oral anaerobes. DNM associated with Lactobacillus-infection is rather rare...
- Light chain (κ/λ) ratio of GM-CSF autoantibodies is associated with disease severity in autoimmune pulmonary alveolar proteinosis
Bioscience Medical Research Center, Niigata University Medical and Dental Hospital, Niigata, Japan Department of Respiratory Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan Electronic address
Clin Immunol 149:357-64. 2013
..Thus, the light chain isotype usage of GMAb may not only be associated with the severity of aPAP, but may also represent a useful disease severity marker. ..
- A case of streptococcal toxic shock syndrome due to Group G streptococci identified as Streptococcus dysgalactiae subsp. equisimilis
Division of Intensive Care Unit and Cardiac Care Unit, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Infect Chemother 18:919-24. 2012
..We consider it to be crucial to rapidly distinguish STSS from acute occlusive PAD to achieve life-saving interventions in patients with severe soft-tissue infections...
- First report of infectious pericarditis due to Bordetella holmesii in an adult patient with malignant lymphoma
Department of Internal Medicine, Divisions of Hematology, Gastroenterology and Endocrinology and Metabolism, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 50:1815-7. 2012
..Herein, we describe a unique B. holmesii infectious pericarditis patient with malignant lymphoma...
- IgM-type GM-CSF autoantibody is etiologically a bystander but associated with IgG-type autoantibody production in autoimmune pulmonary alveolar proteinosis
Bioscience Medical Research Center, Niigata Univ Medical and Dental Hospital, Asahimachi Dori, Niigata, Japan
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 302:L959-64. 2012
..It rather may be involved in the mechanism for development of IgG-GMAb in vivo...
- A cell-free assay to estimate the neutralizing capacity of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor autoantibodies
Niigata University Medical and Dental Hospital, Niigata, Japan
J Immunol Methods 360:141-8. 2010
..Binding inhibition was correlated with growth inhibition of TF-1 cells, a GM-CSF dependent cell line. These results suggest that our cell-free system can be applied to estimate the neutralizing capacity of GM-CSF autoantibodies ex vivo...
- Direct evidence that GM-CSF inhalation improves lung clearance in pulmonary alveolar proteinosis
Bioscience Medical Research Center, Niigata University Medical and Dental Hospital, 1 754 Asahimachi dori, Niigata 951 8520, Japan
Respir Med 106:284-93. 2012
..It is plausible that inhaled GM-CSF improves the dysfunction of alveolar macrophages and promotes the clearance of the surfactant. However, effect of the therapy on components in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) remains unclear...