Affiliation: Assiut University
Location: Assiut, Egypt
I am a clinical professor, principal investigator and researcher at Assiut University School of Medicine, Egypt. Over the past 24 years, training in OB/GYN has taken me to several institutions in the UK, USA and Germany. My special interests include reproductive biology, reproductive endocrinology, minimally invasive surgery.
1- Scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Association (DAAD) from 1995-1997.
2- Menopause Travel Award from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) in London in 2002.
3- The John J Sciarra International Journal of Gynecolgy & Obstetrics (IJGO) Prize Paper Award in 2007.
- El Saman A, Nasr A, Tawfik R, Saadeldeen H. Müllerian duct anomalies: successful endoscopic management of a hybrid bicornuate/septate variety. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2011;24:e89-92 pubmed publisher..This report demonstrates the coexistence of the two anomalies. Endoscopic management of this patient was safe and successful. ..
- Nasr A, Breckwoldt M. A surprisingly ameliorating effect of high doses of estradiol in primary osteomyelofibrosis: a case report. Maturitas. 1997;27:249-52 pubmed..High doses of estrogens could possibly be given the credit for ameliorating the natural sinister course of primary osteomyelofibrosis. ..
- Nasr A, Breckwoldt M. Estrogen replacement therapy and cardiovascular protection: lipid mechanisms are the tip of an iceberg. Gynecol Endocrinol. 1998;12:43-59 pubmed..What was once thought of as a simple action is now being increasingly appreciated as a complex, multifaceted mechanism, which serves to prove that estrogen is a powerful cardiovascular agent. ..
- Darwish A, Nasr A, El Nashar D. Evaluation of postmyomectomy uterine scar. J Clin Ultrasound. 2005;33:181-6 pubmed..Myomectomy should usually be performed by an experienced surgeon without a tourniquet, using microsurgical principles, especially when the sizes of the leiomyomata exceed 110 cm(3). ..
- El Saman A, Darwish A, Zakherah M, Hamed H, Bedaiwy M, Nasr A. Tactile cold scissor metroplasty as a novel backup method for hysteroscopic metroplasty. Fertil Steril. 2010;94:1086-9 pubmed publisher..One case had a successful pregnancy outcome, one has an ongoing pregnancy, and the last one did not get pregnant so far. Tactile cold scissor metroplasty is a useful, safe, and effective backup procedure for hysteroscopic metroplasty. ..
- Zakherah M, Nasr A, El Saman A, Shaaban O, Shahin A. Clomiphene citrate plus tamoxifen versus laparoscopic ovarian drilling in women with clomiphene-resistant polycystic ovary syndrome. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2010;108:240-3 pubmed publisher..001). Clomiphene citrate plus tamoxifen was as effective as laparoscopic ovarian drilling in promoting ovulation and pregnancy. ..
- Salem H, Tawfik R, El Saman A, Nasr A. Anterior abdominal wall cervicopexy for treatment of stage III and stage IV uterine prolapse. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2010;110:130-2 pubmed publisher..AWC is a simple and effective procedure to treat stage III and stage IV uterine prolapse. However, some surgical modifications and more studies are required to ascertain its validity. ..
- El Saman A, Ismael A, Zakherah M, Nasr A, Tawfik R, Bedaiwy M. Enhancement balloon vaginoplasty for treatment of blind vagina due to androgen insensitivity syndrome. Fertil Steril. 2011;95:779-82 pubmed publisher....
- El Saman A, Shahin A, Nasr A, Tawfik R, Saadeldeen H, Othman E, et al. Hybrid septate uterus, coexistence of bicornuate and septate varieties: a genuine report. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2012;38:1308-14 pubmed publisher..These cases are candidates for hysteroscopic metroplasty under appropriate sonographic and/or laparoscopic monitoring. ..
- Nasr A. Pregnancy and delivery after annular detachment of the uterine cervix. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 1998;45:71-2 pubmed..A transverse lower segment caesarean section with tubal sterilization was carried out. The postoperative course was uneventful and likewise, the course of the puerperium was benign. ..
- El Saman A, Fathalla M, Zakherah M, Shaaban O, Nasr A. Modified balloon vaginoplasty: the fastest way to create a natural: minor changes in technique eliminate the need for customized instruments. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009;201:546.e1-5 pubmed publisher..The neovagina was a cosmetically appealing mimic to nature and stained with iodine up to its apex. It was feasible to perform balloon vaginoplasty operations without specialized instrument sets with comparable outcomes. ..
- Shaaban O, Fathalla M, Shahin A, Nasr A. Emergency contraception in the context of marriage in Upper Egypt. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2011;112:195-9 pubmed publisher..If health service planners and policy makers could fill this gap, a considerable decline in the prevalence of unwanted pregnancy may be achieved by using EC. ..
- Baghdadi L, Abu Hashim H, Amer S, Palomba S, Falbo A, Al Ojaimi E, et al. Impact of obesity on reproductive outcomes after ovarian ablative therapy in PCOS: a collaborative meta-analysis. Reprod Biomed Online. 2012;25:227-41 pubmed publisher..We conclude that lean women respond better to OAT than their obese counterparts. These epidemiological observations indicate that obesity alters reproductive outcomes after OAT negatively. ..