- A cross-cultural comparison study of depression assessments conducted in Japan
Steven D Targum
Clintara LLC, 505 Tremont Street, 907, Boston, MA 02116, USA
Ann Gen Psychiatry 12:9. 2013
..We examined the cross-cultural applicability of the Montgomery-Asberg Depression Rating Scale (MADRS) in Japan...
- Efficacy and tolerability of milnacipran in the treatment of major depression in comparison with other antidepressants : a systematic review and meta-analysis
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Keio University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
CNS Drugs 22:587-602. 2008
..We undertook a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials that compared the efficacy and tolerability of milnacipran with other antidepressants...
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for depression among adults in Japanese clinical settings: a single-group study
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
BMC Res Notes 3:160. 2010
..Empirical support for cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) for treating Japanese patients with major depression is lacking, therefore, a feasibility study of CBT for depression in Japanese clinical settings is urgently required...
- Current status of research on cognitive therapy/cognitive behavior therapy in Japan
Center for Stress Management, Keio University Health Center National Institute of Mental Health National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Translational Medical Center, Tokyo, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 65:121-9. 2011
..This marked a milestone in Japan's psychiatric care, where pharmacotherapy has historically been more common. In this article the authors review research on cognitive therapy/cognitive behavior therapy in Japan...
- A community intervention trial of multimodal suicide prevention program in Japan: a novel multimodal community intervention program to prevent suicide and suicide attempt in Japan, NOCOMIT-J
Health Center, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
BMC Public Health 8:315. 2008
..The primary aim of this study is to examine whether NOCOMIT-J is effective in reducing suicidal behavior in the community...
- Attitudes of early-career psychiatrists in Japan toward child and adolescent psychiatry and their career decision
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Sapporo Medical University, Sapporo, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 64:199-201. 2010
..1%) in their fourth-10th year answered that they had interest in CAP. Psychiatry rotations with adequate CAP cases may be necessary to attract early-career psychiatrists to CAP...
- Cost-effectiveness of combination therapy versus antidepressant therapy for management of depression in Japan
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 43:539-47. 2009
- Comorbid anxiety in bipolar disorder: does it have an independent effect on suicidality?
Department of Neuropsychiatry, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Bipolar Disord 10:530-8. 2008
..This study examined the impact of comorbid Cluster B personality disorder and anxiety disorder on suicidality in bipolar disorder...
- Association of suicide and antidepressant prescription rates in Japan, 1999-2003
Department of Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 68:908-16. 2007
..We examined the relationship of increasing prescription volume of newer antidepressants, introduced in Japan in 1999, to national rates of suicide...
- The development of a brief screening instrument for depression and suicidal ideation for elderly: the Depression and Suicide Screen
Division of Psychiatry, Sakuragaoka Memorial Hospital, Tokyo
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 59:634-8. 2005
..693; PPV, 0.317; NPV, 0.926; and overall diagnostic power, 0.694. The DSS demonstrated a reasonable level of sensitivity and specificity in identifying both depression and suicidal ideation among the elderly within a community...