- Stigma and psychiatric illness. A survey of attitude of medical students and doctors in Lahore, Pakistan
Department of Psychiatry, Royal South Hants Hospital, Southampton S014 0YG
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 18:46-9. 2006
..This study was carried out to assess the attitude of medical students and doctors, attending medical colleges in Lahore, Pakistan...
- Views of depressed patients in Pakistan concerning their illness, its causes, and treatments
University of Southampton, Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Qual Health Res 22:1083-93. 2012
..Patients had no knowledge of the roles of psychologists or psychotherapy. Their model of understanding mental illnesses appeared to represent a psychosocial understanding, with physical symptoms being their main concern...
- Prevention of: self harm in British South Asian women: study protocol of an exploratory RCT of culturally adapted manual assisted Problem Solving Training (C- MAP)
The Lantern Centre, Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust, Vicarage Lane, Fulwood, Preston, Lancashire PR2 8DY, UK
Trials 12:159. 2011
..The paper describes the trial protocol of adapting and evaluating a culturally appropriate psychological treatment for the adult British South Asian women who self harm...
- Effect of fasting during Ramadan on serum lithium level and mental state in bipolar affective disorder
Department of Psychiatry, Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar, Pakistan
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 25:323-7. 2010
- Psychologists experience of cognitive behaviour therapy in a developing country: a qualitative study from Pakistan
Lahore Institute of Research and Development, Lahore, Pakistan
Int J Ment Health Syst 4:2. 2010
..Interviews with the psychologists in these countries can give us insights which can guide development of therapy and manuals to support its delivery...
- Preliminary evaluation of culturally sensitive CBT for depression in Pakistan: findings from Developing Culturally-sensitive CBT Project (DCCP)
Department of Psychiatry, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Behav Cogn Psychother 39:165-73. 2011
..It is suggested that adaptations in content, format and delivery are needed before CBT can be employed in non-western cultures. We describe a preliminary evaluation of culturally adapted CBT for depression in Pakistan...
- Urdu translation of the ICD-10 chapter V (F), research diagnostic criteria (RDC): process and principles of translation
University of Southampton, School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Southampton, UK
Transcult Psychiatry 48:484-95. 2011
..Translation also included a wider consultation process in which the final version was sent to Pakistani mental health professionals in Pakistan and abroad...
- Cognitive behaviour therapy for schizophrenia: relationship between anxiety symptoms and therapy
Department of Psychiatry, Royal South Hants Hospital, UK
Psychol Psychother 79:153-64. 2006
..To explore the relationship between symptoms of anxiety and cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) in patients with schizophrenia...
- Psychiatric problems in an Afghan village
Khalid A Mufti
Department of Psychiatry, Khyber Medical College, Peshawar, Pakistan
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 17:19-20. 2005
..This study was carried out to measure prevalence of psychiatric disorders among the people living in a small village in the Nangerhar, Afghanistan. We also wanted to measure the associated demographic variables...
- Schizophrenia medication adherence in a resource-poor setting: randomised controlled trial of supervised treatment in out-patients for schizophrenia (STOPS)
Centre for Ageing and Mental Health, Staffordshire University and Department of Psychiatry, Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar, Pakistan
Br J Psychiatry 199:467-72. 2011
..Most people with schizophrenia in low- and middle-income (LAMI) countries receive minimal formal care, and there are high rates of non-adherence to medication...
- Cognitive behavior therapy for schizophrenia in patients with mild to moderate substance misuse problems
Department of Psychiatry, Royal South Hants Hospital, Southampton, SO14 0YG, UK
Cogn Behav Ther 34:207-15. 2005
- Angry wives, abusive husbands: relationship between domestic violence and psychosocial variables
Department of Psychiatry, Sheikh Zayed Medical College and Hospital, Rahim Yar Khan, Pakistan
Womens Health Issues 18:453-62. 2008
..We wanted to see if self-esteem, quality of relationships, social support, stressful life events, psychiatric symptoms, and different measures of anger were associated with domestic violence...
- Attitude of the university students and teachers towards mentally ill, in Lahore, Pakistan
Department of Social Works, Punjab University, Lahore, Pakistan
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 18:55-8. 2006
..We therefore, decided to measure attitudes of university students and teachers in Lahore, Pakistan. This study was carried out to assess the attitude of university students and teachers in Lahore, Pakistan...
- Prevalence and psychosocial risk factors of PTSD: 18 months after Kashmir earthquake in Pakistan
Lahore Institute of Research and Development, Lahore, Pakistan
J Affect Disord 130:268-74. 2011
..We wanted to find out the rate of PTSD in a randomly selected sample of participants living in earthquake area and the correlates of the PTSD...
- Psychiatric morbidity among Afghan refugees in Peshawar, Pakistan
Department of Psychiatry, Royal South Hants Hospital, Southampton, S0143ED, UK
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 17:23-5. 2005
..However, these studies may not be representative of the Afghan refugees in Pakistan. This study was carried out to measure psychiatric morbidity among a group of Afghan refugees attending a psychiatric clinic in Peshawar, Pakistan...
- CC2D2A, encoding a coiled-coil and C2 domain protein, causes autosomal-recessive mental retardation with retinitis pigmentosa
Neurogenetics Section, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, ON M5T 1R8, Canada
Am J Hum Genet 82:1011-8. 2008
..Identifying the function of CC2D2A, and a possible common pathway with CC2D1A, in correct neuronal development and functioning may help identify possible therapeutic targets for MR...
- Homozygosity mapping in a family presenting with schizophrenia, epilepsy and hearing impairment
Helen M Knight
Division of Psychiatry, University of Edinburgh, Royal Edinburgh Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 16:750-8. 2008
..3 and 22q12.3-q13.3 may lead to the discovery of causative variants, and consequent disrupted molecular pathways associated with this rare phenotype...
- Schizophrenia can and should be renamed
David G Kingdon
BMJ 334:221-2. 2007
- Linkage analysis in a large family from Pakistan with depression and a high incidence of consanguineous marriages
St Luke s Hospital, Middlesborough, UK
Hum Hered 66:190-8. 2008
..The effect of inbreeding on linkage analysis in an extended pedigree is discussed...