- High-density lipoprotein levels and risk of cardiovascular events: a review
Gian Francesco Mureddu
Echocardiography Laboratory and Cardiovascular Prevention Unit, San Giovanni Addolorata Community Hospital, Rome, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 13:575-86. 2012
..Further studies are needed to assess the role of new compounds to raise HDL-C levels or modify HDL composition and functionality...
- Chronic aspirin and statin therapy in patients with impaired renal function and acute coronary syndromes: results from the IN-ACS Outcome Registry
Unità Operativa Complessa di Cardiologia, Policlinico Casilino ASL RMB, Rome, Italy
Eur J Prev Cardiol 21:214-21. 2014
..This analysis aims to evaluate the impact of statin and aspirin on the outcome of patients with CKD and acute coronary syndrome (ACS)...
- Prognostic implications of renal dysfunction in patients hospitalized with heart failure: data from the last decade of clinical investigations
Department of Cardiovascular Disease, San Giovanni Addolorata Community Hospital, Rome, Italy
Heart Fail Rev 18:167-76. 2013
..Thus, the aim of this review is to provide an in-depth and critical interpretation of the available data on the prognostic importance of RD and WRF during hospitalization in an effort to improve HF management...
- Diuretic therapy in heart failure: current controversies and new approaches for fluid removal
Department of Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Morphological Sciences, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 11:563-70. 2010
..Until other new agents become available, it is probably prudent to combine NPSD with aldosterone blocking agents that are known to improve outcomes...
- Impact of diabetes mellitus on the clinical management of global cardiovascular risk: analysis of the results of the Evaluation of Final Feasible Effect of Control Training and Ultra Sensitization (EFFECTUS) educational program
Chair and Division of Cardiology, II Faculty of Medicine, University La Sapienza, Sant Andrea Hospital, Rome, Italy
Clin Cardiol 34:560-6. 2011
..The Evaluation of Final Feasible Effect of Ultra Control Training and Sensitization (EFFECTUS) study is aimed at implementing global cardiovascular (CV) risk management in Italy...
- Clinical epidemiology, management and outcome of acute coronary syndromes in the Italian network on acute coronary syndromes (IN-ACS Outcome study)
San Giovanni Addolorata Hospital, Department of Cardiology, Rome, Italy
Acute Card Care 14:71-80. 2012
..The Italian network on acute coronary syndromes outcome (IN-ACS Outcome) study is a nationwide observational, multicenter study with the aim to describe clinical epidemiology, management, 30-days and one-year outcomes of ACS in Italy...