- Sleep problems and temperament in adolescents
The Pediatric Sleep Center, Purcellville, VA 20132, USA
Child Care Health Dev 37:559-62. 2011
..Findings indicated that as with younger children, sleep and dimensions of temperament (sociability, impulsivity and negative affect) are related in adolescents...
- Bedtime problems and night wakings: treatment of behavioral insomnia of childhood
Melisa Moore, Sleep Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th Street and Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Clin Psychol 66:1195-204. 2010
..A case of a 3-year-old girl with BIC illustrates how treatment helped her to develop healthy sleep habits and taught her to sleep independently via graduated and standard extinction...
- Correlates of adolescent sleep time and variability in sleep time: the role of individual and health related characteristics
The Sleep Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Sleep Med 12:239-45. 2011
..g., ADHD, asthma, birth weight, and BMI). The aim of the current study was to investigate the relationship between such variables and actigraphic measures of sleep duration and variability...
- Bedtime problems and night wakings in children
CHOP Sleep Center, 34th Street and Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Prim Care 35:569-81, viii. 2008
..This article reviews the presentation of bedtime problems and night wakings, empirically validated interventions, and challenges to treatment in both typically developing and special populations of children...
- The need for interdisciplinary pediatric sleep clinics
Lisa J Meltzer
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Behav Sleep Med 6:268-82. 2008
- Heritability of insomnia symptoms in youth and their relationship to depression and anxiety
Philip R Gehrman
Department of Psychiatry and Penn Sleep Center, University of Pennsylvania, 3535 Market Street, Suite 670, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Sleep 34:1641-6. 2011
..The aim of this study was to examine the relative contributions of genetic and environmental factors in explaining variability in insomnia symptoms...
- Mortality associated with short sleep duration: The evidence, the possible mechanisms, and the future
Michael A Grandner
Center for Sleep and Respiratory Neurobiology, Division of Sleep Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 125 South 31st Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Sleep Med Rev 14:191-203. 2010
..We put forth a social-ecological framework to explore five possible pathways for the relationship between sleep duration and mortality, and we conclude with a four-point agenda for future research...
- Comorbid symptoms of sleep-disordered breathing and behavioral sleep problems from 18-57 months of age: a population-based study
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Sleep Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Behav Sleep Med 11:222-30. 2013
..Results suggest that an interdisciplinary approach, including behavioral expertise, is warranted even if the referral concern is solely SDB...
- Behavioral sleep problems in children and adolescents
The Sleep Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th St and Civic Ctr Blvd, 9NW 50, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 19:77-83. 2012
..In this article, the assessment of behavioral sleep problems, as well as specific behavioral sleep disorders, and their treatments will be discussed...
- The sleepy adolescent: causes and consequences of sleepiness in teens
Center for Sleep and Respiratory Neurobiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3624 Market Street, Suite 205, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Paediatr Respir Rev 9:114-20; quiz 120-1. 2008
..Recognition and management of insufficient sleep and sleepiness is important for the health and functioning of adolescents...