- The roles of genetic and environmental factors on risk of cervical cancer: a review of classical twin studies
Elya E Moore
Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Department, Royal Women s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Twin Res Hum Genet 15:79-86. 2012
- Assessment of first sexual intercourse in young women with a history of childhood sexual abuse
Elya E Moore
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Royal Women s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 51:276-9. 2011
..More than half of women reporting CSA in the form of actual or penetrative abuse reported an age of first sexual intercourse at or beyond 16 years. Direct questioning about CSA is needed to accurately ascertain sexual history...
- Knowledge of human papillomavirus and cervical cancer among young women recruited using a social networking site
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, The Royal Women s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Sex Transm Infect 89:327-9. 2013
..The objectives of this study were to assess knowledge of cervical cancer and HPV among young women and investigate predictors of high knowledge...
- Attitudes to Chlamydia screening elicited using the social networking site Facebook for subject recruitment
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, The Royal Women s Hospital, Parkville, Australia
Sex Health 10:224-8. 2013
..We examined potential barriers and facilitating factors for screening in young Victorian women, using the social networking site, Facebook to recruit participants...
- Web-based recruiting for health research using a social networking site: an exploratory study
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Royal Women s Hospital, and Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Australia
J Med Internet Res 14:e20. 2012
..Recruitment of young people for health research by traditional methods has become more expensive and challenging over recent decades. The Internet presents an opportunity for innovative recruitment modalities...
- Human papillomavirus in adolescents: lessons learned from decades of evaluation
Yasmin L Jayasinghe
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Royal Women s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 49:99-104. 2013
..This paper reviews the natural history of HPV infection in adolescents and the evidence behind new conservative guidelines for cervical screening, plus prophylactic vaccination in young women...
- Hybrid Capture II testing for high-risk human papillomavirus DNA in the follow-up of women treated for high-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia
Jeffrey H J Tan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
J Low Genit Tract Dis 17:308-14. 2013
- Chlamydia trachomatis genotypes among men who have sex with men in Australia
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, The Royal Women s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Sex Transm Dis 38:279-85. 2011
..Chlamydia trachomatis is a common bacterial sexually transmitted infection in men who have sex with men (MSM), although little is known about its distribution in Australian MSM communities...