- Accuracy of SIAscopy for pigmented skin lesions encountered in primary care: development and validation of a new diagnostic algorithm
Jon D Emery
General Practice, School of Primary, Aboriginal and Rural Health Care, University of Western Australia, 328 Stirling Highway, Claremont, WA 6010, Australia
BMC Dermatol 10:9. 2010
..SIAscopy has been shown to increase diagnostic accuracy for melanoma in referred populations. We aimed to develop and validate a scoring system for SIAscopic diagnosis of pigmented lesions in primary care...
- Correct identification of a sentinel node postselective lymphadenectomy using antimony levels
The Sydney Melanoma Unit, North Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Melanoma Res 18:365-6. 2008
..The matter was resolved by using a novel technique to analyse the antimony levels of the tissue paraffin-embedded specimens. This is the first report of this technique being used to facilitate clinical decision-making...
- Dramatic reduction of chronic lymphoedema of the lower limb with sorafenib therapy
Sydney Melanoma Unit, North Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Melanoma Res 18:161-2. 2008
..This paper describes an interesting case report based on a patient who had a dramatic and astounding reduction in her chronic lymphoedema while on sorafenib...
- Reconstructive options after temporal bone resection for squamous cell carcinoma
Marc D Moncrieff
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Addenbrooke s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridge, UK
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 60:607-14. 2007
..Reconstruction of the defect is as crucial as the tumour ablation in terms of mortality and postoperative morbidity...
- Spectrophotometric intracutaneous analysis: a new technique for imaging pigmented skin lesions
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Box 186, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
Br J Dermatol 146:448-57. 2002
..The SIAscope produces eight narrow-band spectrally filtered images of the skin over an area of 24 x 24 mm with radiation ranging from 400 to 1000 nm...
- A simple classification of the resolution and depth of imaging systems for pigmented skin lesions
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Box 186, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
Melanoma Res 12:155-9. 2002
- Failure to identify the sentinel lymph node for cutaneous melanoma--significant prognostic and management implications
Addenbrooke s Foundation NHS Trust, Cambridge, UK
Br J Plast Surg 58:753-5. 2005
- Subungual melanoma: a study of 124 cases highlighting features of early lesions, potential pitfalls in diagnosis, and guidelines for histologic reporting
Kong Bing Tan
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, Australia
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1902-12. 2007
..Guidelines for the reporting of SUMs are also presented. Knowledge and recognition of the pathologic features of SUMs and the important features that distinguish them from nevi should reduce the frequency of misdiagnosis...
- From colour to tissue histology: Physics-based interpretation of images of pigmented skin lesions
School of Computer Science, The University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Med Image Anal 7:489-502. 2003
..Classification based on these features showed 80.1% sensitivity and 82.7% specificity in melanoma detection...
- "The foot bone's connected to the knee bone": use of the fillet-of-sole flap to avoid an above knee amputation after severe lower limb compartment syndrome
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Addenbrooke s Hospital NHS Trust, Cambridge, CB2 2QQ, United Kingdom
J Trauma 61:1264-6. 2006
- The see-and-treat clinic in plastic surgery: an efficient, cost-effective, and training-friendly setup
Plast Reconstr Surg 113:1060-3. 2004
- Spectrophotometric intracutaneous analysis: a novel imaging technique in the assessment of acute burn depth
Department of Plastic Surgery, Whiston Hospital, Liverpool, UK
Ann Plast Surg 61:437-40. 2008
..The SIAscope, a relatively inexpensive, portable device, has the potential to be a highly useful clinical adjunct in the bedside estimation of acute burn depth...