- Interpreting epithelial cancer biology in the context of stem cells: tumor properties and therapeutic implications
Stanley J Miller
Department of Dermatology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1756:25-52. 2005
- Mohs surgery for melanoma in situ
Soon You Kwon
Department of Dermatology, University of Maryland, 419 West Redwood Street, Suite 240, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Dermatol Clin 29:175-83, vii-viii. 2011
..This article reviews the different variations of Mohs micrographic surgery that are currently used for melanoma in situ...
- Treatment options in melanoma in situ: topical and radiation therapy, excision and Mohs surgery
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Int J Dermatol 49:482-91. 2010
..Radiation is much less frequently used. Topical imiquimod has also been more recently proposed, in small case reports in the literature, as a therapy for MIS. However, controversies exist with all approaches...
- Nonmelanoma skin cancer
David A Lee
Department of Dermatology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am 17:309-24. 2009
..Merkel cell carcinoma and dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans are also discussed. After reviewing this article, readers should be equipped with a better understanding of these entities and the current recommendations for their management...
- Therapeutic options to decrease actinic keratosis and squamous cell carcinoma incidence and progression in solid organ transplant recipients: a practical approach
Simon A Ritchie
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Dermatol Surg 38:1604-21. 2012
..As the number of transplantations and the life expectancy of SOTRs increase, SCCs are becoming a major source of morbidity and mortality...
- "Running pleated" suture technique opposes wound edges of unequal lengths
David J Kouba
Department of Dermatology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, and The Kenilworth Surgery Center, Towson, Maryland 21204, USA
Dermatol Surg 32:411-4. 2006
..In this process, what would have been the tips of a standard elliptical closure are displaced laterally as Burrow's triangles. This method creates additional terminal incision lines, perpendicular to the force vector of the flap...
- Mohs surgery for the treatment of melanoma in situ: a review
Marianne Edwards Dawn
Department of Dermatology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Dermatol Surg 33:395-402. 2007
..Mohs surgery provides the advantage of complete margin assessment; however, variations in surgical and laboratory techniques employed, make comparison of outcomes difficult...
- The crescentic advancement flap revisited
Simon S Yoo
Department of Dermatology, Division of Dermatologic Surgery, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Dermatol Surg 29:856-8. 2003
..This is particularly challenging in the perialar region, where surgical defects can encompass more than one cosmetic subunit...
- Cyclopamine as a potential therapeutic agent for treatment of tumors related to hedgehog pathway mutations
Stanley J Miller
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Dermatol Surg 28:187. 2002
- The hedgehog pathway: revisited
Thomas C Yu
Dermatol Surg 30:583-4. 2004