Affiliation: Copenhagen University Hospital
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Meyhoff C, Staehr A, Rasmussen L. Rational use of oxygen in medical disease and anesthesia. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2012;25:363-70 pubmed publisher....
- Meyhoff C, Thomsen C, Rasmussen L, Nielsen P. High incidence of chronic pain following surgery for pelvic fracture. Clin J Pain. 2006;22:167-72 pubmed..The use of analgesics was higher in these patients, and they had more complications. Chronic pain after surgery for pelvic fracture deserves more attention. ..
- Meyhoff C, Hesselbjerg L, Koscielniak Nielsen Z, Rasmussen L. Biphasic cardiac output changes during onset of spinal anaesthesia in elderly patients. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2007;24:770-5 pubmed..Initially, cardiac output increased. Subsequently, it was significantly reduced from baseline, although this decrease was of minor clinical importance. ..
- Meyhoff C, Haarmark C, Kanters J, Rasmussen L. Is it possible to predict hypotension during onset of spinal anesthesia in elderly patients?. J Clin Anesth. 2009;21:23-9 pubmed publisher..73 and 0.90, respectively) and specificity (0.78 and 0.64, respectively), and were significantly associated with the development of hypotension. Only NIRS and BPV LF could significantly predict hypotension among the elderly. ..
- Meyhoff C, Lund J, Jenstrup M, Claudius C, Sørensen A, Viby Mogensen J, et al. Should dosing of rocuronium in obese patients be based on ideal or corrected body weight?. Anesth Analg. 2009;109:787-92 pubmed publisher..In obese patients undergoing gastric banding or gastric bypass, rocuronium dosed according to IBW provided a shorter duration of action without a significantly prolonged onset time or compromised conditions for tracheal intubation. ..
- Meyhoff C, Wetterslev J, Jorgensen L, Henneberg S, Høgdall C, Lundvall L, et al. Effect of high perioperative oxygen fraction on surgical site infection and pulmonary complications after abdominal surgery: the PROXI randomized clinical trial. JAMA. 2009;302:1543-50 pubmed publisher..9%) (OR, 1.56; 95% CI, 0.88-2.77; P = .13). Administration of 80% oxygen compared with 30% oxygen did not result in a difference in risk of surgical site infection after abdominal surgery. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT00364741. ..
- Henriksen N, Meyhoff C, Wetterslev J, Wille Jørgensen P, Rasmussen L, Jorgensen L. Clinical relevance of surgical site infection as defined by the criteria of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. J Hosp Infect. 2010;75:173-7 pubmed publisher..39; 95% CI: 0.17-0.61). The CDC criteria represent a suitable standard definition for monitoring and identifying SSI, even if some cases of less clinically significant superficial SSI are included. ..
- Antonsen S, Meyhoff C, Lundvall L, Høgdall C. Surgical-site infections and postoperative complications: agreement between the Danish Gynecological Cancer Database and a randomized clinical trial. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2011;90:72-6 pubmed publisher..The DGCD reported only 50% of the deep and organ-space infections, and hence, the low-overall agreement indicates a need for more careful database registration. ..
- Staehr A, Meyhoff C, Rasmussen L. Inspiratory oxygen fraction and postoperative complications in obese patients: a subgroup analysis of the PROXI trial. Anesthesiology. 2011;114:1313-9 pubmed publisher..Administration of 80% oxygen, compared with 30% oxygen, did not reduce the frequency of SSI in obese patients. Moreover, no significant association was found between oxygen fraction and the risk of pulmonary complications. ..
- Horsted T, Rasmussen L, Meyhoff C, Nielsen S. Long-term prognosis after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. 2007;72:214-8 pubmed..3% OHCA in a physician-based EMS. Summary scores of quality of life were not significantly different from the national norm but 2 out of 8 subscores were lower. Signs of dementia were uncommon as only 6% had an MMSE score below 24. ..
- Isbye D, Meyhoff C, Lippert F, Rasmussen L. Skill retention in adults and in children 3 months after basic life support training using a simple personal resuscitation manikin. Resuscitation. 2007;74:296-302 pubmed..0003), and 'hands-off time' (median 158.5s versus 188.5s, P<0.0001). Three months after a BLS course, adults had higher overall BLS skill retention scores than school children when using a simple personal resuscitation manikin. ..
- Meyhoff C, Wetterslev J, Jorgensen L, Henneberg S, Simonsen I, Pulawska T, et al. Perioperative oxygen fraction - effect on surgical site infection and pulmonary complications after abdominal surgery: a randomized clinical trial. Rationale and design of the PROXI-Trial. Trials. 2008;9:58 pubmed publisher..This trial assesses benefits and harms of a high inspiratory oxygen fraction, and the trial may be generalizable to a general surgical population undergoing laparotomy. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00364741. ..
- Meyhoff C, Henneberg S, Jørgensen B, Gätke M, Rasmussen L. Depth of anaesthesia monitoring in obese patients: a randomized study of propofol-remifentanil. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2009;53:369-75 pubmed publisher..No significant reduction in time to eye opening could be demonstrated when a CSM was used to titrate propofol and remifentanil in obese patients undergoing a hysterectomy. A significant reduction in remifentanil consumption was found. ..
- Nielsen P, Christensen P, Meyhoff C, Werner M. Post-operative pain treatment in Denmark from 2000 to 2009: a nationwide sequential survey on organizational aspects. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2012;56:686-94 pubmed publisher..01). The study, spanning nearly a decade, illustrates that following an increase in number of APSs from 2000 to 2006, followed by a significant decline, a steadily increasing number of departments implemented ACC. ..