- Osseous choristoma of the oral soft tissue. Case reportLuis Alberto Gaitán-Cepeda
División de Estudios de Postgrado e Investigación, Facultad de Odontologia, UNAM, Mexico
Med Oral 8:220-3. 2003..It is discusses their possible association with Klippel-Feil syndrome. The osseous choristoma of buccal mucosa is most frequently in fifth decade of the life although is reported between 12-to-64 years old, with a female predisposition...
- Oral candidosis as a clinical marker of immune failure in patients with HIV/AIDS on HAARTLuis Alberto Gaitán-Cepeda
Clinical and Experimental Pathology Department, Postgraduate and Research Division, Dental School, National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
AIDS Patient Care STDS 19:70-7. 2005..5% for heterosexuals, and 96% for intravenous drug users. In conclusion, OC should be considered a clinical marker of immune failure in patients with HIV/AIDS undergoing HAART...
- Reclassification of odontogenic keratocyst as tumour. Impact on the odontogenic tumours prevalenceL A Gaitán-Cepeda
Oral Pathology Laboratory, Dental School, National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
Oral Dis 16:185-7. 2010..The aim of this study was to establish the impact of the redefinition and reclassification of odontogenic keratocyst (OKC) as a tumour on the prevalence of odontogenic tumours (OT)...
- Oral lesions in HIV+/AIDS adolescents perinatally infected undergoing HAARTLuis Alberto Gaitán-Cepeda
Lab Patología Clínica y Experimental, Fac Odontología, UNAM, Circuito Institutos s n, Ciudad Universitaria, Coyoacan 04510, DF, Mexico
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 15:e545-50. 2010..To assess the prevalence of the oral lesions related to HIV-infection (HIV-OL) in HIV+/AIDS adolescents (=13 years old), and the differences with HIV+/AIDS children (=3 - <13 years old) perinatally infected...
- Trends in frequency and prevalence of oral cancer and oral squamous cell carcinoma in Mexicans. A 20 years retrospective studyLuis Alberto Gaitán-Cepeda
Oral Pathology Laboratory, Postgraduate and Research Division, Dental School, National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico, D F Mexico
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 16:e1-5. 2011..To establish the time trends of the frequency and prevalence of oral cavity cancer in regard to age and gender in a 20-years (time period 1989 - 2008) cohort of Mexicans...