- Electrical stimulation of the ventral tegmental area exerts opposite effects on male rat sexual behaviour expression depending on the stimulated sub regionGabriela Rodríguez-Manzo
Departamento de Farmacobiologia, CINVESTAV, IPN Sede Sur, Calzada de los Tenorios 235, Col Granjas Coapa, Delegacion Tlalpan, Mexico, D F C P 14330, Mexico
Behav Brain Res 179:310-3. 2007..It is concluded that different loci within the VTA exert opposite influences on male sexual behaviour expression and that copulation to satiation modifies this VTA control...
- Recovery from sexual exhaustion-induced copulatory inhibition and drug hypersensitivity follow a same time course: two expressions of a same process?Gabriela Rodríguez-Manzo
Departamento de Farmacobiologia, CINVESTAV, IPN Sede Sur, Calzada de los Tenorios 235, Delegacion Tlalpan, Mexico 14330 D F, Mexico
Behav Brain Res 217:253-60. 2011..This finding indicates that these phenomena might represent two expressions of a same brain plasticity process, as suggested by the long lasting character of both events, which interestingly appears to be reversible...
- Electrical stimulation of dorsal and ventral striatum differentially alters the copulatory behavior of male ratsGabriela Rodríguez-Manzo
Departamento de Farmacobiologia, CINVESTAV Sede Sur, IPN, Calzada de los Tenorios 235, Col Granjas Coapa, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Behav Neurosci 124:686-94. 2010..Also, that the facilitative effect of NAcc electrical stimulation on sexual activity, with the stimulation parameters used, cannot surmount the sexual behavior inhibition resulting from copulation to satiation...
- Participation of 5-HT(1B) receptors in the inhibitory actions of serotonin on masculine sexual behaviour of mice: pharmacological analysis in 5-HT(1B) receptor knockout miceGabriela Rodríguez-Manzo
Departmento de Farmacobiología, CINVESTAV, IPN, Sede Sur, Calzada de los Tenorios 235, Col Granjas Coapa, México D F 14330, Mexico
Br J Pharmacol 136:1127-34. 2002..In addition, the diminished sensitivity to serotonergic stimulation exhibited by KO(1B) mice suggests the occurrence of compensatory changes as a consequence of the absence of the 5-HT(1B) receptor subtype...
- Sexual behavior reduces hypothalamic androgen receptor immunoreactivityAlonso Fernandez-Guasti
Department of Pharmacobiology, CINVESTAV, Calz de los Tenorios 235, Col Granjas Coapa, Mexico 14330 D F, Mexico
Psychoneuroendocrinology 28:501-12. 2003..These data reveal that sexual activity reduces AR in specific brain areas and suggest the possibility that such a reduction underlies the sexual inhibition that characterizes sexual satiety...
- Fluoxetine chronic treatment inhibits male rat sexual behavior by affecting both copulatory behavior and the genital motor pattern of ejaculationMaría Eugenia Hueletl-Soto
Departamento de Farmacobiologia, CINVESTAV Sede Sur, Calzada de los Tenorios 235, Col Granjas Coapa, Deleg Tlalpan, DF Mexico
J Sex Med 9:1015-26. 2012..Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are antidepressants that cause sexual dysfunction. The SSRI fluoxetine (FLX) appears to particularly affect the ejaculatory response. Ejaculation is regulated both at brain and spinal levels...
- Pharmacological and physiological aspects of sexual exhaustion in male ratsAlonso Fernandez-Guasti
Departamento de Farmacobiologia, CINVESTAV, Mexico
Scand J Psychol 44:257-63. 2003..6) The recovery process of sexual satiety after 4 hours of ad libitum copulation reveals that, after 4 days, only 63% of the males are able to show sexual behavior while after 7 days all animals display copulatory activity...