- Insights on the evolution of trehalose biosynthesisNelson Avonce
Centro de Investigación en Biotecnología UAEM, Av Universidad 1001, Col Chamilpa, Cuernavaca 62210, Mexico
BMC Evol Biol 6:109. 2006..However, in recent years it has been shown that although higher plants do not accumulate trehalose at significant levels they have actively transcribed genes encoding the corresponding biosynthetic enzymes...
- Inferring modules of functionally interacting proteins using the Bond Energy AlgorithmRyosuke L A Watanabe
ITESM Campus Estado de México, Carretera Lago de Guadalupe km 3, 5, Atizapan de Zaragoza, 52926, Mexico
BMC Bioinformatics 9:285. 2008..With BEA we create clusters of phylogenetic profiles based on the associations of the surrounding elements of the analyzed data using a metric that considers linked relationships among elements in the data set...
- Evolution of new protein function: recombinational enhancer Fis originated by horizontal gene transfer from the transcriptional regulator NtrCE Morett
Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Cuernavaca, Mor
FEBS Lett 433:108-12. 1998..Thus, we propose that yhdG and fis were acquired by a lineage ancestral to the gamma proteobacteria in a single horizontal gene transfer event, and later diverged to their present functions...
- Systematic discovery of analogous enzymes in thiamin biosynthesisEnrique Morett
Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Av Universidad 2001, Cuernavaca, Morelos, 62210, Mexico
Nat Biotechnol 21:790-5. 2003..The results demonstrate the ability of our computational approach to predict specific functions without taking into account sequence similarity...
- Sensitive genome-wide screen for low secondary enzymatic activities: the YjbQ family shows thiamin phosphate synthase activityEnrique Morett
Departamento de Ingeniería Celular y Biocatálisis, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, AP 510 3, CP 62250, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
J Mol Biol 376:839-53. 2008..These results support the hypothesis that the enzymatic repertoire of a cell such as E. coli has the potential to perform vast amounts of alternative reactions, which could be exploited to evolve novel or more efficient catalysts...
- Improving random mutagenesis by purification of the oligonucleotide variantsP Gaytan
Departamento de Ingeniería Celular y Biocatálisis, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ap Postal 510 3 Cuernavaca, Morelos 62250, Mexico
Comb Chem High Throughput Screen 8:537-44. 2005..In the exemplified library described herein, two sub-populations containing mainly triple and quadruple mutants were selected out of five possible sub-populations...
- Transcriptional regulation of the assT-dsbL-dsbI gene cluster in Salmonella enterica serovar Typhi IMSS-1 depends on LeuO, H-NS, and specific growth conditionsA L Gallego-Hernández
Departamento de Microbiologia Molecular, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
J Bacteriol 194:2254-64. 2012..Thus, the expression of the assT-dsbL-dsbI gene cluster depends on the global regulatory proteins LeuO and H-NS, as well as on specific growth conditions...
- A proposed architecture for the central domain of the bacterial enhancer-binding proteins based on secondary structure prediction and fold recognitionJ Osuna
Departamento de Reconocimiento Molecular Bioestructura, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico
Protein Sci 6:543-55. 1997....
- GeConT: gene context analysisR Ciria
, , , Cuernavaca, 62210 Morelos,
Bioinformatics 20:2307-8. 2004..AVAILABILITY: http://www.ibt.unam.mx/biocomputo/gecont.html..