- Thalidomide as therapy for human immunodeficiency virus-related oral ulcers: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trialV A Ramirez-Amador
Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Xochimilco, Department of Health Care, Villa Quietud, Consejo Nacional para la prevencion y control del SIDA, Toriello Guerra, Mexico
Clin Infect Dis 28:892-4. 1999..Rash was observed in 80% of the thalidomide patients. Although thalidomide demonstrated an unquestionable benefit in treatment of oral ulcers in HIV patients, caution must be taken given the frequent occurrence of side effects...
- Frequency of oral conditions in a dermatology clinicV A Ramirez-Amador
Department of Health Care, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Xochimilco, Consejo Nacional para la prevencion y control del SIDA, Mexico City, Mexico
Int J Dermatol 39:501-5. 2000..Oral mucosal manifestations may be the initial feature, the most florid clinical feature, or the only sign of mucocutaneous diseases...
- The Changing Clinical Spectrum of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)-Related Oral Lesions in 1,000 Consecutive Patients: A 12-Year Study in a Referral Center in MexicoVelia Ramírez-Amador
Universidad Autónoma Metroploitana Xochimilco, Mexico City, Mexico
Medicine (Baltimore) 82:39-50. 2003....
- Intralesional vinblastine vs. 3% sodium tetradecyl sulfate for the treatment of oral Kaposi's sarcoma. A double blind, randomized clinical trialV Ramirez-Amador
Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Xochimilco, Calzada del Hueso 1100, 04960 Mexico City, Mexico
Oral Oncol 38:460-7. 2002..61). Patients in both groups experienced minimal toxicity. We conclude that intralesional vinblastine or STS are adequate for the management of OKS. The benefits of STS are its low cost and ease of use...
- [Association of oral lesions with HIV serological status]Velia Ramírez-Amador
Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Xochimilco, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Salud Publica Mex 44:87-91. 2002..To estimate the prevalence of oral lesions and its association with HIV serological status...
- High prevalence of oncogenic human papillomavirus in the genital tract of women with human immunodeficiency virusP Volkow
Division of Research, UNAM, Mexico City, Mexico
Gynecol Oncol 82:27-31. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: We observed a high prevalence of oncogenic HPV types in HIV-positive women. These women should be screened regularly for early diagnosis of premalignant lesions and prevention of cervical cancer...
- Surgical site infections at the National Cancer Institute in Mexico: a case-control studyD Vilar Compte
Department of Infectious Diseases and the Clinical Research Investigation Division, , Mexico, D F 14000, Mexico
Am J Infect Control 28:14-20. 2000..The risk factors associated with surgical site infection are similar to those previously reported. Diabetes mellitus, obesity, and prolonged presence of a surgical drain increased the risk of infection...
- Epstein-Barr virus-associated gastric carcinoma in Mexico: analysis of 135 consecutive gastrectomies in two hospitalsR Herrera-Goepfert
Department of Pathology, Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia, Mexico City, Mexico
Mod Pathol 12:873-8. 1999..Environmental factors could influence the distinctive pathologic features of EBV-associated gastric carcinoma in the Mexican population...
- Ki-67: a proliferative marker that may predict pulmonary metastases and mortality of primary osteosarcomaN A Hernandez-Rodriguez
División of Investigación Clínica, Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia, Mexico City, Mexico
Cancer Detect Prev 25:210-5. 2001..000962). These findings suggest that Ki-67 overexpression could be used as a prognostic molecular marker for the development of PM in osteosarcoma patients...
- p53 Mutations in nasal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma from Mexico: association with large cell morphology and advanced diseaseL Quintanilla-Martinez
Institute of Pathology, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Am J Pathol 159:2095-105. 2001..The overexpression of p53 and p21, independent of p53 mutations, although as yet not clear, might be the result of Epstein-Barr virus infection, and warrants further investigation...
- Antimicrobial resistance and characterization of Helicobacter pylori strains isolated from Mexican adults with clinical outcomeL Chihu
National Institute of Public Health, SSA, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
J Chemother 17:270-6. 2005..Metronidazole resistance was associated with cagA negative strains with a frequency of 82% (9/11). No significant correlation was found between vacA s/m alleles and metronidazole resistance...