Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Forestales
Organization: Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Forestales
- Identification of a coronin-like protein in Babesia speciesJulio V Figueroa
CENID PAVET, INIFAP, Juitepec, Morelos, Mexico
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1026:125-38. 2004..From these results, we conclude that the protein present in the four Babesia species analyzed here may be considered as a novel coronin-like, actin-binding protein...
- Development of an edible rabies vaccine in maize using the Vnukovo strainE Loza-Rubio
National Center of Veterinary Microbiology CENID Microbiologia, INIFAP, Mexico
Dev Biol (Basel) 131:477-82. 2008..The control group did not survive. The G protein of the Vnukovo strain expressed in transgenic maize may be considered as an oral immunogen against rabies, conferring cross-protection...
- Seroprevalence of Neospora caninum antibodies in beef cattle in three southern states of MexicoZeferino Garcia-Vazquez
Centro Nacional de Parasitologia Veterinaria, Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Forestales, Morelos, Mexico
Trop Anim Health Prod 41:749-53. 2009..02-0.20]). No association was found among all the variables tested in this study since most of the ranches have similar management conditions. In conclusion, N. caninum infection is common among beef herds in the Mexican tropics...
- Enhancement of the Mexican bovine babesiosis vaccine efficacy by using Lactobacillus caseiCarlos R Bautista
Centro Nacional de Investigacion Disciplinaria en Parasitologia Veterinaria, Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Forestales, Agricolas y Pecuarias, Jiutepec, Morelos, Mexico
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1149:126-30. 2008..The results indicate that L. casei, inoculated 2 days before the inoculation of the Mexican bivalent bovine babesiosis vaccine, improves the vaccine's efficiency...
- Effect of high- and low-molecular-weight components of Lactobacillus casei on resistance against Babesia microti in NIH miceCarlos R Bautista
CENID PAVET, INIFAP, Jiutepec, Morelos, Mexico
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1149:152-4. 2008..5), LcH (10.3 +/- 6.9), LcT (3.6 +/- 0.7), and LcV (6.9 +/- 1.9) groups. The results suggest that L. casei LMWc can induce an early protective immune response, similar to that generated by LcV in mice, against B. microti infection...
- Nucleocapsid of rabies virus improve immune response of an inactivated avian influenza vaccineElizabeth Loza-Rubio
Centro Nacional de Investigaciones en Microbiología Veterinaria, INIFAP, Carretera México Toluca Km 15 5, Colonia Palo Alto, CP 05110, México D, F
Vet Res Commun 33:589-95. 2009..This is the first report on the potential utility of the rabies virus N protein to improve immune response in domestic species...
- Genetic basis and impact of tick acaricide resistanceRodrigo Rosario-Cruz
Centro Nacional de Investigacion Disciplinaria en Parasitología Veterinaria Carretera Federal Cuernavaca Cuautla 8534 Col Progreso, Jiutepec, Morelos, Mexico
Front Biosci (Landmark Ed) 14:2657-65. 2009....
- Molecular epidemiology of bovine anaplasmosis with a particular focus in MexicoSergio D Rodríguez
Departamento de Infectómica y Patogénesis Molecular, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del IPN, Mexico DF 07360, Mexico
Infect Genet Evol 9:1092-101. 2009..In the present work we will discuss the molecular elements in the relationship between the rickettsia, the tick and the mammalian host associated to the distribution and persistence of the pathogen in nature...
- Evaluation of mathematical models to describe testicular growth in Blackbelly ram lambsH Jimenez-Severiano
CENID Fisiología Animal, INIFAP Apartado Postal No 5, Colón Qro, CP 76270, Mexico
Theriogenology 74:1107-14. 2010....
- Molecular epidemiology of human cases of tuberculosis by Mycobacterium bovis in MexicoFeliciano Milian-Suazo
Centro Nacional de Investigación Disciplinaria en Fisiología y Mejoramiento Animal, INIFAP, Mexico
Prev Vet Med 97:37-44. 2010..bovis in Mexican patients. There is no doubt that genotyping M. bovis isolates collected from cattle may have a substantial impact on our understanding of the epidemiology of TB...
- [Biology and behavior of the seed borer wasp Bephratelloides cubensis ashmead (Hymenoptera: Eurytomidae)]Luis M Hernández-Fuentes
Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Forestales, Nayarit, Mexico
Neotrop Entomol 39:527-34. 2010..1-7.6 cm. Larvae of B. cubensis developed five instars, adults survived no longer than 22 days, and female survived longer than males; they lived 22 and 15 days, respectively. Life cycle of B. cubensis varied from 69 to 122 days...
- Molecular epidemiology of Mycobacterium bovis: usefulness in international tradeFeliciano Milian-Suazo
Programa Nacional de Epidemiología, CENIDFA INIFAP, Km 1 Carretera a Colón, Ajuchitlan, Qro, C P 76280, Mexico
Prev Vet Med 87:261-71. 2008..Genetic diversity of isolates from Mexico was larger than that in the US, which could be a consequence of the endemic status of the disease and the indiscriminate movement of animals between regions...
- Advances in the development of molecular tools for the control of bovine babesiosis in MexicoJ Mosqueda
Bovine Babesiosis Laboratory, National Center for Disciplinary Research in Veterinary Parasitology CENID PAVET INIFAP, Jiutepec, Morelos, Mexico
Parassitologia 49:19-22. 2007..bovis, we are identifying genes than allow us to discriminate isolates using molecular tools...
- Babesia bigemina: sporozoite isolation from Boophilus microplus nymphs and initial immunomolecular characterizationJuan Mosqueda
Centro Nacional de Investigacion Disciplinaria en Parasitologia Veeterinaria, Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Forestales y Pecuarias, Km 11 5 Carretera Federal, Cuernavaca Cuautla, Jiutepec, Morelos, Mexico
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1026:222-31. 2004..This is the first report of Babesia bigemina sporozoite antigens. Moreover, purified sporozoites will allow the characterization of stage-specific antigens involved in immunologic protection...
- Field challenge of cattle vaccinated with a combined Babesia bovis and Babesia bigemina frozen immunogenJ Antonio Alvarez
CENID Parasitologia Veterinaria, INIFAP, Morelos, C P 62500 Mexico
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1026:277-83. 2004..5 degrees C (2 days), animals receiving 1 x 10(8) infected erythrocytes, as combined frozen immunogen, were more efficaciously protected against challenge with virulent B. bovis and B. bigemina field isolates...
- Immunization of bovines with concealed antigens from Haematobia irritansCarlos R Bautista
CENID PAVET, INIFAP, Jiutepec Estado de Morelos, Mexico
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1026:284-8. 2004..45 for group I and 11.02 for group II. Antibody levels (AbL) to AgHiI were higher in group I than in groups II and III. A high correlation between %RE and AbL was observed...
- The treatment of mice with Lactobacillus casei induces protection against Babesia microti infectionC R Bautista-Garfias
CENID PAVET, INIFAP Apdo, Postal 206, CIVAC, 62500 Estado de Morelos, Mexico
Parasitol Res 97:472-7. 2005..These results show the protective effect of L. casei administered to mice against a B. microti infection and suggest that it might act by stimulating the innate immune system...
- Detection of multiple strains of rabies virus RNA using primers designed to target Mexican vampire bat variantsE Loza-Rubio
Centro Nacional de Investigaciones en Microbiología Animal, INIFAP, Carretera México Toluca Km 15 5, Colonia Palo Alto, CP 05110, Mexico
Epidemiol Infect 133:927-34. 2005..These same samples were re-examined by both PCR and the mouse inoculation test (MIT). Compared with MIT the PCR exhibited an epidemiological sensitivity of 86% and a specificity of 91% while its positive predictive value was 96%...
- Molecular cloning of a phospholipid-hydroperoxide glutathione peroxidase gene from the tick, Boophilus microplus (Acari: Ixodidae)Raquel Cossio-Bayugar
CENID PAVET, INIFAP, Kilómetro 11 5 Carr, Cuernavaca Cuautla, Apdo, Mexico
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 35:1378-87. 2005..Real-time PCR quantification of gene expression revealed increased PHGPx in two strains resistant to a single acaricide class. Strains resistant to two or more classes showed a reduction in PHGPx...
- Effects of breed and region on longevity traits through five years of age in Brown Swiss, Holstein, and Jersey cows in the United StatesT B Garcia-Peniche
Campo Experimental La Posta, Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Forestales, Agricolas y Pecuarias, Paso del Toro, Veracruz, Mexico
J Dairy Sci 89:3672-80. 2006..Survival analysis gave the most readily interpretable information, although the linear, poisson, and logistic analyses answered slightly different questions. Adjustment for herd size did not modify the results...
- Use of Bacillus thuringiensis toxin as an alternative method of control against Haemonchus contortusMaría E López
Centro Nacional de Investigacion Disciplinaria en Parasitologia Veterinaria, INIFAP, Jiutepec, Morelos, Mexico C P 62550
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1081:347-54. 2006..05) but nonsignificant difference was observed after treatment. These results showed that B. thuringiensis activity was similar to those observed by anthelmintic treatment and it could be used as an alternative biological method...
- Identification of common antigens in Babesia bovis, B. bigemina, and B. divergensJulio V Figueroa
CENID PAVET, INIFAP, Jiutepec, Morelos, 62550 Mexico
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1081:382-96. 2006..bovis and B. bigemina. Despite the existent antigenic polymorphism among the Babesia spp., these results demonstrated that common antigens occur between European B. divergens and Mexican B. bovis/B. bigemina...
- Endogenous ileal losses of nitrogen and amino acids in pigs and piglets fed graded levels of caseinGerardo Mariscal-Landín
Centro Nacional de Investigación en Fisiología Animal CENI Fisiología, INIFAP, Mexico
Arch Anim Nutr 60:454-66. 2006..90. Piglets had higher TID of N, leucine, isoleucine, valine and phenylalanine. These results showed that piglets have higher ileal losses than pigs...
- Evaluation of Bacillus thuringiensis pathogenicity for a strain of the tick, Rhipicephalus microplus, resistant to chemical pesticidesManuel Fernandez-Ruvalcaba
Centro Nacional de Investigaciones en Parasitología Veterinaria INIFAP Km 11 5 Carretera Federal Cuernavaca Cuautla, Col Progreso, Jiutepec, Morelos, Mexico, CP 62550
J Insect Sci 10:186. 2010..It is evident that these B. thuringiensis strains have a considerable detrimental effect on the R. microplus strain that is resistant to pesticides...