Genomes and Genes
- Moreno E, Plata C, Rodríguez Gama A, Argaiz E, Vazquez N, Leyva Ríos K, et al. The European Eel NCC? Gene Encodes a Thiazide-resistant Na-Cl Cotransporter. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:22472-22481 pubmed..Thus, NCC? exhibits significant functional differences from NCCs that could be helpful in defining several aspects of the structure-function relationship of this important cotransporter. ..
- Gamba G. Molecular physiology and pathophysiology of electroneutral cation-chloride cotransporters. Physiol Rev. 2005;85:423-93 pubmed
- Gamba G. The thiazide-sensitive Na+-Cl- cotransporter: molecular biology, functional properties, and regulation by WNKs. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;297:F838-48 pubmed publisher..Thus one of the legacies of Steve Hebert is a better understanding of salt and water homeostasis. ..
- Bazúa Valenti S, Castañeda Bueno M, Gamba G. Physiological role of SLC12 family members in the kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2016;311:F131-44 pubmed publisher..In this work, we present an overview of the physiological roles of these transporters in the kidney, with particular emphasis on the knowledge gained in the past few years. ..
- Mercado A, de los Heros P, Melo Z, Chavez Canales M, Murillo de Ozores A, Moreno E, et al. With no lysine L-WNK1 isoforms are negative regulators of the K+-Cl- cotransporters. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2016;311:C54-66 pubmed publisher..Together, our data support that NKCC1 and KCCs are coordinately regulated by L-WNK1 isoforms. ..
- Melo Z, Cruz Rangel S, Bautista R, Vazquez N, Castañeda Bueno M, Mount D, et al. Molecular evidence for a role for K(+)-Cl(-) cotransporters in the kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013;305:F1402-11 pubmed publisher..Our data are consistent with a role for KCC3 in the proximal tubule glucose reabsorption mechanism and for KCC4 in salt reabsorption of the thick ascending loop of Henle's loop and acid secretion of the collecting duct. ..
- Castañeda Bueno M, Cervantes Pérez L, Rojas Vega L, Arroyo Garza I, Vazquez N, Moreno E, et al. Modulation of NCC activity by low and high K(+) intake: insights into the signaling pathways involved. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2014;306:F1507-19 pubmed publisher..Thus, the accompanying anion might modulate the NCC response to the high-K(+) diet. ..
- Lagnaz D, Arroyo J, Chavez Canales M, Vazquez N, Rizzo F, Spirlì A, et al. WNK3 abrogates the NEDD4-2-mediated inhibition of the renal Na+-Cl- cotransporter. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2014;307:F275-86 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that a novel role for WNK3 on NCC expression at the plasma membrane, an effect apparently independent of the SPAK kinase and the aldosterone-SGK1 pathway. ..
- Rojas Vega L, Reyes Castro L, RamÃrez V, Bautista PÃ©rez R, Rafael C, CastaÃ±eda Bueno M, et al. Ovarian hormones and prolactin increase renal NaCl cotransporter phosphorylation. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2015;308:F799-808 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that estradiol, progesterone, and prolactin, the hormones that are involved in sexual cycle, pregnancy and lactation, upregulate the activity of NCC. ..
- Gamba G, Friedman P. Thick ascending limb: the Na(+):K (+):2Cl (-) co-transporter, NKCC2, and the calcium-sensing receptor, CaSR. Pflugers Arch. 2009;458:61-76 pubmed publisher..The present review discusses these functions and their genetic and molecular regulation...
- Torre Villalvazo I, Cervantes Pérez L, Noriega L, Jimenez J, Uribe N, Chavez Canales M, et al. Inactivation of SPAK kinase reduces body weight gain in mice fed a High-fat diet by improving energy expenditure and insulin sensitivity. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2017;:ajpendo.00108.2017 pubmed publisher