- HIV prevention cost-effectiveness: a systematic reviewOMAR GALARRAGA
Center for Evaluation Research and Surveys, Mexican School of Public Health National Institute of Public Health INSP, Av Universidad 655, Cuernavaca, Mexico CP 62508
BMC Public Health 9:S5. 2009..This paper identifies, summarizes and critiques the CE literature related to HIV-prevention interventions in low- and middle-income countries during 2005-2008...
- An instrumental variables evaluation of the effect of antidepressant use on employment among HIV-infected women using antiretroviral therapy in the United States: 1996-2004OMAR GALARRAGA
Division of Health Economics, Mexican School of Public Health, National Institute of Public Health INSP, Cuernavaca, Mexico
Health Econ 19:173-88. 2010..Improved efforts to test, diagnose and treat depression among HIV-positive patients may improve not only clinical indicators but also labor market outcomes...
- Heterogeneous impact of the "Seguro Popular" program on the utilization of obstetrical services in Mexico, 2001-2006: a multinomial probit model with a discrete endogenous variableSandra G Sosa-Rubí
Center for Evaluation Research and Surveys, Division of Health Economics, National Institute of Public Health Instituto Nacional de Salud Pública, Cuernavaca, Morelos 62508, Mexico
J Health Econ 28:20-34. 2009..We focused on the effect of household enrollment in SP on pregnant women's access to obstetrical services, an important outcome measure of both maternal and infant health...
- Costs of interventions for AIDS orphans and vulnerable childrenYared Santa-Ana-Téllez
Center for Evaluation Research and Surveys, Division of Health Economics, National Institute of Public Health, Cuernavaca, Mexico
Trop Med Int Health 16:1417-26. 2011..To review the published and grey literature for information regarding the costs and cost-effectiveness of interventions aimed at improving the welfare of orphans and vulnerable children owing to HIV/AIDS in low- and middle-income countries...
- Forecast of demand for antiretroviral drugs in low and middle-income countries: 2007-2008OMAR GALARRAGA
Center Evaluation Research and Surveys, National Institute of Public Health INSP, Cuernavaca, Mexico
AIDS 21:S97-103. 2007..To inform global planning and implementation, we estimate the volume of current and future demand for active pharmaceutical ingredients for first and second-line antiretroviral drugs...
- Assessing cost and technical efficiency of HIV prevention interventions in sub-Saharan Africa: the ORPHEA study design and methodsSergio Bautista-Arredondo
National Institute of Public Health INSP, Division of Health Economics, Cuernavaca, Mexico
BMC Health Serv Res 14:599. 2014....
- Health insurance for the poor: impact on catastrophic and out-of-pocket health expenditures in MexicoOMAR GALARRAGA
Health Economics Unit, Center for Evaluation and Survey Research, Mexican School of Public Health, National Institute of Public Health INSP, Av Universidad 655, Cuernavaca 62508, Mexico
Eur J Health Econ 11:437-47. 2010..SP beneficiaries also had lower expenditures on outpatient and medicine expenditures. The selection-corrected protective effect is found not only in the limited experimental dataset, but also at the national level...
- Stakeholders' opinions and expectations of the Global Fund and their potential economic implicationsOMAR GALARRAGA
Center for Evaluation Research and Surveys, National Institute of Public Health INSP Mexican School of Public Health, Cuernavaca, Mexico
AIDS 22:S7-S15. 2008..To analyse stakeholder opinions and expectations of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria, and to discuss their potential economic and financial implications...
- Diabetes treatment and control: the effect of public health insurance for the poor in MexicoSandra G Sosa-Rubí
National Institute of Public Health, Health Economics Division, Cuernavaca, Mexico
Bull World Health Organ 87:512-9. 2009..To analyse the effect of enrolment in the public health insurance scheme known as Seguro Popular [People's Insurance] on access to health resources, treatment and blood glucose control among poor adults with diabetes in Mexico...
- The disproportionate burden of HIV and STIs among male sex workers in Mexico City and the rationale for economic incentives to reduce risksOMAR GALARRAGA
Brown University School of Public Health, Providence, RI, USA Instituto Nacional de Salud Pública INSP, Cuernavaca, Mexico
J Int AIDS Soc 17:19218. 2014....
- Financing HIV programming: how much should low- and middle-income countries and their donors pay?OMAR GALARRAGA
Department of Health Services, Policy and Practice, Brown University, School of Public Health, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e67565. 2013..5 billion into a surplus of $0.8 billion. Even with imperfect funding and resource-need data, the proposed country classification could help improve coherence and efficiency in domestic and international allocations. ..
- [Sex education and HIV prevention: an evaluation in Latin America and the Caribbean]Lisa M DeMaria
Instituto Nacional de Salud Publica, Cuernavaca, Mexico
Rev Panam Salud Publica 26:485-93. 2009....