- [The Ottawa ankle rules: evaluation in a pediatric emergency setting in Mexico]C Cuello-García
Departamento de Pediatria, Hospital San José Tec de Monterrey, Escuela de Medicina, Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Avda Morones Prieto, 3000 Pte Col Doctores, 64710 Monterrey, Mexico
An Pediatr (Barc) 60:454-8. 2004..The objective of this study was to prospectively validate the Ottawa ankle rules (OAR) in children in Mexico. This could reduce costs and waiting times in the emergency room...
- Corticosteroids for neurocysticercosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsCarlos A Cuello-García
Centre for Evidence Based Practice and Knowledge Translation, Tecnológico de Monterrey School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Instituto de Pediatría Zambrano Hellion, Avda Morones Prieto 3000, Col Doctores, Monterrey, Mexico
Int J Infect Dis 17:e583-92. 2013..Corticosteroids are frequently used to reduce inflammation and perilesional edema. We aimed to evaluate their efficacy for reducing the rate of seizures and lesion persistence in imaging studies...
- [Gastric lavage in healthy term newborns: a randomized controlled trial]C Cuello-García
Departamento de Pediatría Escuela de Medicina Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Mexico
An Pediatr (Barc) 63:509-13. 2005..We performed a randomized controlled trial to test the hypothesis that elimination of amniotic fluid from the stomach of the newborn reduces nausea and vomiting and improves tolerance on the first feedings of breast or formula milk...
- Sharing the diagnostic process in the clinical teaching environment: a case studyCarlos Cuello-García
Tecnológico de Monterrey School of Medicine, Monterrey, Mexico
J Contin Educ Health Prof 25:231-9. 2005..Clinical decisions, presentation skills, and critical evaluation of the literature are also important elements considered in this method...
- [Total white blood cell count, erythrosedimentation rate and C-reactive protein for the detection of serious bacterial infections in 0- to 90-day-old infants with fever without a source]C A Cuello García
Departamento de Pediatria, Escuela de Medicina del Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico
An Pediatr (Barc) 68:103-9. 2008..The main objective of this study was to obtain the diagnostic values of these parameters in infants with fever...
- Grading recommendations in clinical practice guidelines: randomised experimental evaluation of four different systemsCarlos A Cuello García
Centre for Evidence Based Practice, Tecnológico de Monterrey, School of Medicine, Monterrey, Mexico
Arch Dis Child 96:723-8. 2011..To evaluate the effect of presenting a recommendation in a clinical practice guideline using different grading systems to determine to what extent the system used changes the clinician's eventual response to a particular clinical question...