- Bonifaz A, Cruz Aguilar P, Ponce R. Onychomycosis by molds. Report of 78 cases. Eur J Dermatol. 2007;17:70-2 pubmed..Onychomycoses by molds are infrequent; in this study they accounted for 1.49% of cases. The clinical features are virtually similar to those caused by dermatophytes, which makes the clinicomycological tests necessary. ..
- Bonifaz A, Tirado Sanchez A. Cutaneous Disseminated and Extracutaneous Sporotrichosis: Current Status of a Complex Disease. J Fungi (Basel). 2017;3: pubmed publisher..Antibody levels and species recognition by Polimerase Chain Reaction using biological samples or cultures are also useful. The treatment of choice for most cases is amphotericin B and subsequent itraconazole for maintenance therapy. ..
- Bonifaz A, Rojas R, Tirado Sanchez A, Chávez López D, Mena C, Calderón L, et al. Superficial Mycoses Associated with Diaper Dermatitis. Mycopathologia. 2016;181:671-9 pubmed publisher..Erythrasma is a pseudomycosis that is indistinguishable from candidiasis and may also occur in large skin folds. It is treated with topical antibacterial products and some antimycotics. ..
- Bonifaz A, Ibarra G, Saúl A, Paredes Solis V, Carrasco Gerard E, Fierro Arias L. Mycetoma in children: experience with 15 cases. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2007;26:50-2 pubmed..The clinical and microbiologic diagnosis is simple. Overall, treatment response is better for actinomycetomas than for eumycetomas. ..
- Bonifaz A, González Silva A, Albrandt Salmerón A, Padilla M, Saul A, Ponce R. Utility of helical computed tomography to evaluate the invasion of actinomycetoma; a report of 21 cases. Br J Dermatol. 2008;158:698-704 pubmed publisher..The affected area was determined in each case. HCT provides precise information about the grade of invasion at diverse levels such as visceral, muscular and vascular systems, and the calculation of the affected area. ..
- Bonifaz A, Gómez Daza F, Paredes V, Ponce R. Tinea versicolor, tinea nigra, white piedra, and black piedra. Clin Dermatol. 2010;28:140-5 pubmed publisher..Diagnosis of these mycoses is made from mycologic studies, direct examination, stains, and isolation, and identification of the fungi. Treatment includes systemic antifungals, topical antifungals, and keratolytics...
- Bonifaz A, Tirado Sanchez A, Graniel M, Mena C, Valencia A, Ponce Olivera R. The efficacy and safety of sertaconazole cream (2 %) in diaper dermatitis candidiasis. Mycopathologia. 2013;175:249-54 pubmed publisher..Our goal was to assess the efficacy and safety of sertaconazole cream (2 %) in DDC...
- Navarro Vergara D, Barragán Pola G, Bonifaz A, Núñez Pérez Redondo C, Choreño García O, Cicero Sabido R. [Pulmonary mucormycosis in a patient with kidney transplant and uncontrolled haemoptysis]. Rev Iberoam Micol. 2017;34:233-236 pubmed publisher..Early diagnosis is important in order to perform any surgical treatment and to administer amphotericin B. ..
- Bonifaz A, Vázquez González D, Macías B, Paredes Farrera F, Hernández M, Araiza J, et al. Oral geotrichosis: report of 12 cases. J Oral Sci. 2010;52:477-83 pubmed..G. candidum may be isolated from the oral flora of a small proportion of patients, either normal individuals or those with associated conditions...