- A psycho-educational intervention for depressed women: a qualitative analysis of the processMa Asunción Lara
Ramon de la Fuente National Institute of Psychiatry, Mexico
Psychol Psychother 77:429-47. 2004..In support of Yalom's assertion, we concluded that this exercise was useful in that it highlighted important therapeutic factors that could be more purposefully manipulated in the future...
- [Mental health services to poor patients with affective disorders in Mexico City]Shoshana Berenzon
Dirección de Investigaciones Epidemiológicas y Psicosociales, Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente Muñiz, Mexico
Rev Saude Publica 39:619-26. 2005..To describe the pathways of formal and informal services utilization in urban low income population presenting depressive, dysthymic and bipolar disorders...
- [Diseases and illnesses for which help is sought from traditional healers in Mexico City]Shoshana Berenzon-Gorn
Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente, Mexico
Salud Publica Mex 48:45-56. 2006..The aim of this paper is to describe the main reasons why people consult traditional healers in Mexico City...
- [Evaluation of the mental health system in Mexico: where is it headed?]Shoshana Berenzon Gorn
Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente Muñiz, Mexico D F, Mexico
Rev Panam Salud Publica 33:252-8. 2013..Evaluate some of the key indicators that characterize the Mexican mental health system using the World Health Organization's Assessment Instrument for Mental Health Systems (WHO-AIMS)...
- [Depression: state of the art and the need for public policy and action plans in Mexico]Shoshana Berenzon
Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente Muñiz, DF, Mexico
Salud Publica Mex 55:74-80. 2013..The paper concludes with a presentation of the implications for research and mental health policy in Mexico...
- [Female depression viewed from women's subjectivity]María Asunción Lara
Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente Muñiz, Mexico, DF, Mexico
Cad Saude Publica 20:818-28. 2004..The women found similarities between the ways they perceived depression and the descriptions in the text, and shared their own experiences. Depression was reported as a central theme in their lives, and they were eager to talk about it...