- Correlation between pH and irritant effect of cleansers marketed for dry skinLourdes Baranda
Servicio de Dermatología Hospital Central Ignacio Morones Prieto, San Luis Potosi, Mexico
Int J Dermatol 41:494-9. 2002..Although it is important that dermatologists and the general population know the irritation potential of products marketed for dry skin used for body cleansing, this information is not usually available...
- CTLA-4-Ig therapy diminishes the frequency but enhances the function of Treg cells in patients with rheumatoid arthritisCrisol Alvarez-Quiroga
Department of Immunology, Facultad de Medicina, UASLP, Ave V Carranza 2405, 78210, San Luis Potosi, SLP, Mexico
J Clin Immunol 31:588-95. 2011..In contrast, the regulatory function of CD4+CD25+ lymphocytes was significantly enhanced after the administration of Abatacept. Our data suggest that CTLA-4-Ig exerts a complex and interesting effect on Treg cells in patients with RA...
- Expression and functional role of HLA-G in immune cells from patients with systemic lupus erythematosusAdriana Elizabeth Monsiváis-Urenda
Departamento de Inmunologia, Facultad de Medicina, UASLP, Ave V Carranza 2405, 78210, San Luis Potosi, SLP, Mexico
J Clin Immunol 31:369-78. 2011..Our results might have implications for the immune abnormalities observed in patients with SLE...
- Effect of fluoride exposure on different immune parameters in humansBerenice Hernández-Castro
Department of Immunology, Facultad de Medicina, UASLP, San Luis Potosi, SLP, Mexico
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 33:169-77. 2011..T regulatory (Treg) cells play an important role in the modulation of the immune response, and are implicated in the pathogenesis of autoimmune diseases. Many people is exposed to fluoride (F), mainly through drinking water...
- Influence of human cytomegalovirus infection on the NK cell receptor repertoire in childrenAdriana Monsiváis-Urenda
Department of Immunology, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de San Luis Potosi, San Luis Potosi, Mexico
Eur J Immunol 40:1418-27. 2010..Excretion of the virus was associated with higher proportions of NKG2C+ NK cells. Altogether, these data reveal that hCMV may have a profound influence on the NKR repertoire in early childhood...
- Comparative and prospective study of different immune parameters in healthy subjects at risk for tuberculosis and in tuberculosis patientsDiana P Portales-Pérez
Department of Immunology, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Autonoma de San Luis Potosi, San Luis Potosi, Mexico
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 9:299-307. 2002..We conclude that although the immune parameters tested do not allow the identification of individuals susceptible to M. tuberculosis, the specificity and sensitivity of some of them could be improved through future studies...
- Clinical and immunological effects of Rituximab in patients with lupus nephritis refractory to conventional therapy: a pilot studyMónica Vigna-Pérez
Departamento de Inmunologia, Facultad de Medicina, UASLP, San Luis Potosi, SLP, Mexico
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R83. 2006..The effects of Rituximab on regulatory cells and apoptosis of T lymphocytes are interesting and its possible role in the putative effect of this biological agent in systemic lupus erythematosis deserves additional studies...