- Geographic access to and availability of community resources for persons diagnosed with severe mental illness in Philadelphia, USA
Department of Health Policy and Public Health, University of the Sciences 600S 43rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4495, USA
Health Place 18:621-9. 2012
..These findings provide support for the presence of geographic prerequisites for attaining meaningful levels of community integration...
- The impact of shelter use and housing placement on mortality hazard for unaccompanied adults and adults in family households entering New York City shelters: 1990-2002
Department of Health Policy and Public Health, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Urban Health 88:1091-104. 2011
..Although causal links cannot be established here, results suggest that, for both subgroups of the homeless population, prompt resolution of homelessness and availability of housing interventions may contribute to reduced mortality...
- The impact of mental illness status on the length of jail detention and the legal mechanism of jail release
School of Social Policy and Practice at the University of Pennsylvania, 3701 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:458-62. 2010
..This analysis investigated whether persons with serious mental illnesses have longer jail detentions than other detainees and whether they are released by different legal mechanisms...
- Child welfare involvement among children in homeless families
Jung Min Park
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Child Welfare 83:423-36. 2004
..The high rate of crossover between homelessness and the child welfare system suggests the need for service coordination for children in homeless families...
- Comparing neighborhoods of adults with serious mental illness and of the general population: research implications
School of Social Policy and Practice, University of Pennsylvania, 3701 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 64:782-8. 2013
..It also examined the relationship between neighborhood characteristics and neighborhood concentration of persons with serious mental illness...
- Validation of self-reported veteran status among two sheltered homeless populations
U S Department of Veterans Affairs, National Center for Homelessness Among Veterans, Philadelphia, PA University of the Sciences, Department of Health Policy and Public Health, Philadelphia, PA
Public Health Rep 129:73-7. 2014
- Examining relationships between receiving mental health services in the Pennsylvania prison system and time served
Department of Health Policy, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, Philadelphia PA 19104 4495, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:800-2. 2008
- Homelessness and HIV risk behaviors among injection drug users
Graduate Program in Health Policy, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, 600 South 43rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4495, USA
J Urban Health 81:618-29. 2004