- Can renal oncocytoma be differentiated from its renal mimics? The utility of anti-mitochondrial, caveolin 1, CD63 and cytokeratin 14 antibodies in the differential diagnosis
Department of Pathology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Temel Bilimler Binasi, 2 Bodrum, Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Virchows Arch 447:938-46. 2005
..We recommend using CD63 as the best marker of choice for distinguishing ROs from eosinophilic chromophobe RCCs when standard diagnostic criteria are not helpful...
- Anti-CD10 (56C6) is expressed variably in adrenocortical tumors and cannot be used to discriminate clear cell renal cell carcinomas
Department of Pathology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Virchows Arch 456:515-21. 2010
..This feature should be kept in mind when constructing an antibody panel for an epithelial tumor that involves the adrenal gland and kidney, especially in small biopsy specimens...
- Intestinal Langerhans cell histiocytosis-like lesion in an adult presented with diverticulitis: a reactive or neoplastic condition?
Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Istanbul University, Temel Bilimler Binasi, Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Pathol Oncol Res 17:403-7. 2011
..Therefore, without knowledge of clonal status of a unifocal Langerhans cell proliferation, we recommend using the terminology of LCH-like lesion...
- Heme oxygenase-1 prevents hyperthyroidism induced hepatic damage via an antioxidant and antiapoptotic pathway
Department of Biochemistry, Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
J Surg Res 164:266-75. 2010
..We aimed to investigate the pathogenesis of liver dysfunction caused by hyperthyroidism through inducing heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) expression, which has antioxidant and anti-apoptotic properties...
- Retrospective study of 23 pathologically proven cases of central nervous system tuberculomas
Department of Pathology, Division of Neuropathology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Temel Bilimler Binasi, 34390 Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 108:353-7. 2006
..It presents as meningitis or tuberculoma. Tuberculoma is a granulomatous inflammatory process mimicking a neoplasm radiologically, so usually a biopsy is performed...
- Pancreatic ampullary carcinoma with neck metastases: a case report
Department of General Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Cases J 2:146. 2009
..An 18-year-old Turkish woman was referred with a 6-week history of rapidly enlarging cervical mass at the left side...
- Comparison of clipping versus ligation of side-branches during saphenous vein graft harvesting: which method is superior?
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Florence Nightingale Hospital, Istanbul Bilim University, Istanbul, Turkey
Ann Vasc Surg 25:669-74. 2011
..This study was designed to investigate the effect of clipping and ligation of the side-branches during saphenous vein graft harvesting on histologic structures of the saphenous vein...
- Primary orbital leiomyosarcoma
Department of Ophthalmology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 25:154-5. 2009
..Primary orbital leiomyosarcoma is a rare tumor that mainly occurs in older women and presents with painless proptosis. It should be considered in the differential diagnosis of superotemporal extraconal lesions...
- Effect of thyroid gland volume in preoperative detection of suspected malignant thyroid nodules in a multinodular goiter
Department of General Surgery, Istanbul Medical Faculty, University of Istanbul, 34340 Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Arch Surg 143:558-63; discussion 563. 2008
..The detection of suspected malignant thyroid nodules by ultrasonography is associated with thyroid gland volume and tumor size...
- Flat-type verruciform xanthoma of the tongue and its differential diagnosis
Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pathology
Dermatol Online J 15:5. 2009
..Its clinical and pathological recognition and correct diagnosis is critical because VX can occur in conjunction with other systemic and cutaneous inflammatory diseases; therefore, it necessitates further clinical assessment...
- Sarcomatoid chromophobe renal cell carcinoma with squamous differentiation
Pathology 39:598-9. 2007