- CPAP therapy in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and obstructive sleep apnea: does it offer a better quality of life and sleep?
Sleep Disorders Unit, Department of Thoracic Medicine, University General Hospital, Medical School of the University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
Sleep Breath 17:1137-43. 2013
..Our aim was to assess the effect of CPAP on sleep and overall life quality parameters in IPF patients with OSA and to recognize and overcome possible difficulties in CPAP initiation and acceptance by these patients...
- Translation and validation of Berlin questionnaire in primary health care in Greece
Department of Thoracic Medicine, Sleep Disorders Unit, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
BMC Pulm Med 13:6. 2013
- CRP evolution pattern in CPAP-treated obstructive sleep apnea patients. Does gender play a role?
Sleep Disorders Center, Pulmonary Department, 401 General Army Hospital, Athens, Greece
Sleep Breath 16:813-9. 2012
..The aim of our study was to investigate possible gender differences in CRP evolution in OSA patients 3 and 6 months after the start of effective CPAP treatment...
- Congenital bronchial atresia presenting as a cavitary lesion on chest radiography: a case report
Department of Pneumonology, Army General Hospital of Athens, Athens, Greece
Cases J 2:17. 2009
- Sleep-related breathing disorders in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
Cleveland Clinic Sleep Disorders Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Lung 185:173-8. 2007
..In the absence of effective treatments for IPF, the diagnosis and treatment of comorbid SRBD may lead to improvements in quality of life...
- Sleep quality and associated daytime consequences in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
Third Pulmonary Department, Sismanoglion General District Hospital, Athens, Greece
Med Princ Pract 18:10-5. 2009
..The aim of this study was to describe sleep quality and associated daytime consequences in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF)...
- Health-related quality of life in patients with obstructive sleep apnoea and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (overlap syndrome)
Cleveland Clinic Sleep Disorders Center, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Int J Clin Pract 61:207-11. 2007
..Further studies are needed to determine the impact of OSA treatment on QOL and morbidity in this population...
- How common is sleep-disordered breathing in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?
Sleep Disorders Center, 401 General Army Hospital, Thrakis 61A, Brilissia, Athens, Greece
Sleep Breath 14:387-90. 2010
..The aim of this study was to assess the frequency of OSAHS in newly diagnosed IPF patients and to identify possible correlations with body mass index and pulmonary function testing parameters...
- Overexpression of bcl-2 protein in bronchoalveolar lavage lymphocytes and macrophages in sarcoidosis
3rd Pulmonary Department, Sismanoglio General District Hospital, Athens, Greece
Respiration 73:221-6. 2006