- Surgical chores and approach in the management of endometrial cancer
J N McAlpine
Women s Cancer Center, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 14:512-8. 2002
..Several controversies exist, however, regarding optimal surgical management. Some of these controversies are addressed in this article, with a review of their recent and historic literature...
- Radiation fields in gynecologic oncology: correlation of soft tissue (surgical) to radiologic landmarks
Women s Cancer Center, Palo Alto, CA 95032, USA
Gynecol Oncol 92:25-30. 2004
..to determine if a patient's body mass index (BMI) correlates with these anatomic or radiographic boundaries...
- Extrarenal Wilms' tumor of the uterine corpus
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar St, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Gynecol Oncol 96:892-6. 2005
..Extrarenal Wilms' tumors (EWT) are rare. In the female genital tract, only 15 cases (6 adults, 9 children) of EWT have been reported. A case of uterine Wilms' tumor in an adult is presented with a review of the literature...
- Atypical presentations of carboplatin hypersensitivity reactions: characterization and management in patients with gynecologic malignancies
Jessica N McAlpine
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Gynecol Oncol 103:288-92. 2006
..We describe the "atypical platinum reactions" (APH) of 14 patients and our experience with skin testing and desensitization...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy lessens surgical morbidity in advanced ovarian cancer and leads to improved survival in stage IV disease
June Y Hou
Yale University School of Medicine, USA
Gynecol Oncol 105:211-7. 2007
- Upstaging based solely on positive peritoneal washing does not affect outcome in endometrial cancer
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06504, USA
Mod Pathol 18:673-80. 2005
..5%), but does not appear to affect their overall outcome. Although this is a small single site study, it raises questions about the value of this procedure in patients with endometrial cancer...
- Xenografts of primary human gynecological tumors grown under the renal capsule of NOD/SCID mice show genetic stability during serial transplantation and respond to cytotoxic chemotherapy
Joshua Z Press
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B C, Canada V6H 3V5
Gynecol Oncol 110:256-64. 2008
..The response to conventional chemotherapy and novel molecular targeted chemotherapy is assessed in one of the transplantable xenograft lines...