- Modeling the probability distribution of positional errors incurred by residential address geocoding
Dale L Zimmerman
Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science and Center for Health Policy and Research, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Int J Health Geogr 6:1. 2007
..Unfortunately, this process results in positional errors. Our study sought to model the probability distribution of positional errors associated with automated geocoding and E911 geocoding...
- Geocoding accuracy and the recovery of relationships between environmental exposures and health
Department of Geography, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Int J Health Geogr 7:13. 2008
..S Census or their derivative street files); and, c) addresses from E-911 geocodes (developed by local authorities for emergency dispatch purposes)...
- Spatial clustering of the failure to geocode and its implications for the detection of disease clustering
Dale L Zimmerman
Statistics and Actuarial Science, University of Iowa, 241 Schaeffer Hall, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Stat Med 27:4254-66. 2008
- A brief report on Primary Care Service Area catchment geographies in New South Wales Australia
Australian Primary Health Care Research Institute, Australian National University, Building 63 Cnr Mills and Eggleston Rds, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
Int J Health Geogr 13:38. 2014
..Primary Care Service Areas are small areas, the majority of patients resident in which obtain their primary care services from within the geography...
- General practitioner (family physician) workforce in Australia: comparing geographic data from surveys, a mailing list and medicare
APHCRI, Australian National University, Building 63, Cnr Mills and Eggleston Rds, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 13:343. 2013
..This is important since disagreement would imply differential relationships with primary healthcare relevant outcomes with different datasets. We also seek to enumerate these associations across categories of rurality or remoteness...
- The disappearing seasonality of autism conceptions in California
Paul F Lazarsfeld Center for the Social Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e41265. 2012
..Studying the seasonality of conceptions of children later diagnosed with autism may yield clues to potential etiological drivers...
- The spatial structure of autism in California, 1993-2001
Institute for Social and Economic Research and Policy Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Health Place 16:539-46. 2010
..The identification of robust spatial clusters indicates that autism does not arise from a global treatment and indicates that important drivers of increased autism prevalence are located at the local level...
- Spatial clusters of autism births and diagnoses point to contextual drivers of increased prevalence
Australian Primary Health Care Research Institute, Australian National University, Level 1, Ian Potter House, Cnr Marcus Clarke and Gordon streets, Canberra ACT 0200, Australia
Soc Sci Med 95:87-96. 2013
..Our findings implicate a causal relationship between neighborhood-level diagnostic resources and spatial patterns of autism incidence but do not rule out the possibility that environmental toxicants have also contributed to autism risk. ..