- Cariccio V, Samà A, Bramanti P, Mazzon E. Mercury Involvement in Neuronal Damage and in Neurodegenerative Diseases. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2019;187:341-356 pubmed publisher..Finally, observational studies on patients with neurodegenerative diseases showed discordant data about a possible mercury involvement. ..
- Romeo L, Diomede F, Gugliandolo A, Scionti D, Lo Giudice F, Lanza Cariccio V, et al. Moringin Induces Neural Differentiation in the Stem Cell of the Human Periodontal Ligament. Sci Rep. 2018;8:9153 pubmed publisher..Finally, moringin did not induce the expression of oncogenes resulting in a safe treatment. ..
- Gugliandolo A, Pollastro F, Grassi G, Bramanti P, Mazzon E. In Vitro Model of Neuroinflammation: Efficacy of Cannabigerol, a Non-Psychoactive Cannabinoid. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..All together, these results indicated the neuroprotective effects of CBG, that may be a potential treatment against neuroinflammation and oxidative stress. ..
- Giacoppo S, Galuppo M, Iori R, De Nicola G, Bramanti P, Mazzon E. (RS)-glucoraphanin purified from Tuscan black kale and bioactivated with myrosinase enzyme protects against cerebral ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats. Fitoterapia. 2014;99:166-77 pubmed publisher..Therefore, bioactive RS-GRA, could be a useful treatment in the cerebral ischemic stroke. ..
- Giacoppo S, Galuppo M, Lombardo G, Ulaszewska M, Mattivi F, Bramanti P, et al. Neuroprotective effects of a polyphenolic white grape juice extract in a mouse model of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Fitoterapia. 2015;103:171-86 pubmed publisher..WGJe could have considerable implication for future therapies of MS, and this study may represents the starting point for further investigation on the role of WGJe in neuroinflammation. ..
- Mathiron D, Iori R, Pilard S, Soundara Rajan T, Landy D, Mazzon E, et al. A Combined Approach of NMR and Mass Spectrometry Techniques Applied to the α-Cyclodextrin/Moringin Complex for a Novel Bioactive Formulation †. Molecules. 2018;23: pubmed publisher..Finally, the "chaperone-like" properties of α-CD with respect to the stability of moringin have been highlighted. ..
- Lanza Cariccio V, Bramanti P, Mazzon E. Biomarkers identification for PML monitoring, during Natalizumab (Tysabri®) treatment in Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2018;20:93-99 pubmed publisher..This article review aims to list some biomarkers that have been proposed to evaluate the safety of natalizumab therapy. ..
- Rajan T, Giacoppo S, Iori R, De Nicola G, Grassi G, Pollastro F, et al. Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects of a combination of cannabidiol and moringin in LPS-stimulated macrophages. Fitoterapia. 2016;112:104-15 pubmed publisher..None of these receptors was involved in the activity of moringin. Taken together, our in vitro results testify the anti-inflammatory, antioxidative, and anti-apoptotic effects of the combination of cannabidiol and moringin. ..
- Giacoppo S, Soundara Rajan T, Galuppo M, Pollastro F, Grassi G, Bramanti P, et al. Purified Cannabidiol, the main non-psychotropic component of Cannabis sativa, alone, counteracts neuronal apoptosis in experimental multiple sclerosis. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2015;19:4906-19 pubmed..This represents an interesting new profile of CBD that could lead to its introduction in the clinical management of MS. ..
- Giacoppo S, Galuppo M, Pollastro F, Grassi G, Bramanti P, Mazzon E. A new formulation of cannabidiol in cream shows therapeutic effects in a mouse model of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Daru. 2015;23:48 pubmed publisher..All these data suggest an interesting new profile of CBD that could lead to its introduction in the clinical management of MS and its associated symptoms at least in association with current conventional therapy. ..
- Rajan T, Giacoppo S, Trubiani O, Diomede F, Piattelli A, Bramanti P, et al. Conditioned medium of periodontal ligament mesenchymal stem cells exert anti-inflammatory effects in lipopolysaccharide-activated mouse motoneurons. Exp Cell Res. 2016;349:152-161 pubmed publisher..Our findings warrant further preclinical and clinical studies to elucidate the autologous therapeutic efficacy of hPDLSC-conditioned medium in neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Libro R, Giacoppo S, Soundara Rajan T, Bramanti P, Mazzon E. Natural Phytochemicals in the Treatment and Prevention of Dementia: An Overview. Molecules. 2016;21:518 pubmed publisher..We believe that natural phytochemicals may represent a promising sources of alternative medicine, at least in association with therapies approved to date for dementia. ..
- Mammana S, Fagone P, Cavalli E, Basile M, Petralia M, Nicoletti F, et al. The Role of Macrophages in Neuroinflammatory and Neurodegenerative Pathways of Alzheimer's Disease, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, and Multiple Sclerosis: Pathogenetic Cellular Effectors and Potential Therapeutic Targets. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher
- Romeo L, Iori R, Rollin P, Bramanti P, Mazzon E. Isothiocyanates: An Overview of Their Antimicrobial Activity against Human Infections. Molecules. 2018;23: pubmed publisher..For this reason, a standard method should be used and further studies are needed. ..
- Diomede F, Gugliandolo A, Scionti D, Merciaro I, Cavalcanti M, Mazzon E, et al. Biotherapeutic Effect of Gingival Stem Cells Conditioned Medium in Bone Tissue Restoration. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..Especially, hGMSCs derived CM played a key role in the induction of the osteogenic process and in bone regeneration. ..
- Giacoppo S, Pollastro F, Grassi G, Bramanti P, Mazzon E. Target regulation of PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway by cannabidiol in treatment of experimental multiple sclerosis. Fitoterapia. 2017;116:77-84 pubmed publisher..These results provide an interesting discovery about the regulation of the PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway by cannabidiol administration, that could be a new potential therapeutic target for MS management. ..
- Giacoppo S, Galuppo M, De Nicola G, Iori R, Bramanti P, Mazzon E. Tuscan black kale sprout extract bioactivated with myrosinase: a novel natural product for neuroprotection by inflammatory and oxidative response during cerebral ischemia/reperfusion injury in rat. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:397 pubmed publisher
- Gugliandolo A, Giacoppo S, Bramanti P, Mazzon E. NLRP3 Inflammasome Activation in a Transgenic Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Model. Inflammation. 2018;41:93-103 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results showed the activation of the NLRP3 inflammasome in the brain of SOD1G93A rats, indicating that inflammation plays a main role in ALS. ..
- Giacoppo S, Thangavelu S, Diomede F, Bramanti P, Conti P, Trubiani O, et al. Anti-inflammatory effects of hypoxia-preconditioned human periodontal ligament cell secretome in an experimental model of multiple sclerosis: a key role of IL-37. FASEB J. 2017;31:5592-5608 pubmed publisher..R., Diomede, F., Bramanti, P., Conti, P., Trubiani, O., Mazzon, E. Anti-inflammatory effects of hypoxia-preconditioned human periodontal ligament cell secretome in an experimental model of multiple sclerosis: a key role of IL-37. ..
- Giacoppo S, Bereshchenko O, Bruscoli S, Riccardi C, Bramanti P, Mazzon E. Aberrant expression of Î²-catenin in CD4+ T cells isolated from primary progressive multiple sclerosis patients. Neurosci Lett. 2017;653:159-162 pubmed publisher..Therefore, inhibitors of Î²-catenin pathway could be proposed as a promising candidate strategy for PP-MS cure. ..
- Gugliandolo A, Bramanti P, Mazzon E. Mesenchymal stem cell therapy in Parkinson's disease animal models. Curr Res Transl Med. 2017;65:51-60 pubmed publisher..In this review, we focused our attention on mesenchymal stem cells derived from different sources and their application in Parkinson's disease animal models. ..
- Giacoppo S, Rajan T, Iori R, Rollin P, Bramanti P, Mazzon E. The Î±-cyclodextrin complex of the Moringa isothiocyanate suppresses lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation in RAW 264.7 macrophage cells through Akt and p38 inhibition. Inflamm Res. 2017;66:487-503 pubmed publisher..Therefore, moringinâ€‰+â€‰Î±-CD appears to be a new relevant helpful tool to use in clinical practice for inflammation-associated disorders. ..
- Libro R, Diomede F, Scionti D, Piattelli A, Grassi G, Pollastro F, et al. Cannabidiol Modulates the Expression of Alzheimer's Disease-Related Genes in Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;18: pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggested that GMSCs preconditioned with CBD possess a molecular profile that might be more beneficial for the treatment of AD. ..
- Rajan T, De Nicola G, Iori R, Rollin P, Bramanti P, Mazzon E. Anticancer activity of glucomoringin isothiocyanate in human malignant astrocytoma cells. Fitoterapia. 2016;110:1-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, significant reduction in 5S rRNA was noticed with moringin treatment. Our in vitro results demonstrated the antitumor efficacy of moringin derived from myrosinase-hydrolysis of GMG in human malignant astrocytoma cells. ..
- Trubiani O, Giacoppo S, Ballerini P, Diomede F, Piattelli A, Bramanti P, et al. Alternative source of stem cells derived from human periodontal ligament: a new treatment for experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016;7:1 pubmed publisher..These cells could have considerable implication for future therapies for multiple sclerosis and this study may represent the starting point for further investigations. ..
- Giacoppo S, Galuppo M, Montaut S, Iori R, Rollin P, Bramanti P, et al. An overview on neuroprotective effects of isothiocyanates for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. Fitoterapia. 2015;106:12-21 pubmed publisher..Therefore, ITCs could be regarded as a promising source of alternative medicine for the prevention and/or treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Giacoppo S, Iori R, Rollin P, Bramanti P, Mazzon E. Moringa isothiocyanate complexed with ?-cyclodextrin: a new perspective in neuroblastoma treatment. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:362 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that use of MAC complex may open novel perspectives to improve the poor prognosis of patients with neuroblastoma. ..