- [Three cases of gastric cancer with para-aortic lymph node metastases succesfully treated by S-1/CDDP combination therapy followed by curative resection]
Department of Surgery, Gifu Prefectural General Medical Center
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 37:1105-9. 2010
..In advanced gastric cancer with para-aortic lymph node metastases without other non-curative factors, long-term survival can be expected by combining a curative operation with S-1/CDDP combined therapy...
- Oncologic outcomes of laparoscopic gastrectomy: a single-center safety and feasibility study
Surgical Oncology, Gifu University School of Medicine, 501 1194 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu, Japan
Surg Endosc 27:1973-9. 2013
..The present study aimed to evaluate both technical feasibility and safety of LG and short-and long-term outcomes after LG...
- V-shaped lymph node dissection in laparoscopic distal gastrectomy; new technique of intra-abdominal dissection and surgical outcomes
Department of Surgery, Gifu Prefectural General Medical Center, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu City, Japan
World J Surg Oncol 10:205. 2012
..Laparoscopic-assisted distal gastrectomy is currently performed more frequently than laparoscopic distal gastrectomy (LDG) in hospitals in Japan...
- A patient with spontaneous rupture of the esophagus and concomitant gastric cancer whose life was saved: case of report and review of the literature in Japan
Department of Surgery, 4 6 1 Noishiki, Gifu City 500 8717, Japan
World J Surg Oncol 9:161. 2011
..Spontaneous rupture of the esophagus is relatively rare and that complicated by gastric caner is very rare, with only six cases being reported in Japan. Herein, we report the case...
- Volvulus of the gall bladder diagnosed by ultrasonography, computed tomography, coronal magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance cholangio-pancreatography
Department of Emergency and Disaster Medicine, Gifu University, 1 1 Yanagido, 501 1194, Gifu City, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 12:4599-601. 2006
..Coronal MRI and MRCP showing characteristic radiography may be useful in making a definitive diagnosis...
- The evaluation of gastric cancer sensitivity to 5-FU/CDDP in terms of induction of apoptosis: time- and p53 expression-dependency of anti-cancer drugs
Department of Surgical Oncology, Gifu University School of Medicine, 1 1 Yangido, Gifu City 501 1194, Japan
Oncol Rep 14:609-15. 2005
..These data may provide evidence to support the idea that p53 expression is related to multidrug resistance (MDR) in FP therapy of gastric cancer cell lines...
- Apoptosis induced by 5-fluorouracil, cisplatin and paclitaxel are associated with p53 gene status in gastric cancer cell lines
Department of Surgical Oncology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu City 501 1194, Japan
Int J Oncol 26:1563-7. 2005
..These insights may provide a new strategy for gastric cancer chemotherapy, especially second-line chemotherapy or adjuvant chemotherapy...
- p53 dependence and apoptosis in response to FP treatment with p53-transfected colon cancer cell lines by use of thin layer collagen gel
Department of Surgical Oncology, Gifu University, Gifu City 501 1194, Japan
Oncol Rep 12:357-61. 2004
..Patients with p53 wild-type may be better candidates for FP therapy than patients with p53 mutant-type in colon cancer. Therefore, we think that p53 may be also effective against colon cancer in FP therapy...
- Expression of p53 protein as a predictor of the response to 5-fluorouracil and cisplatin chemotherapy in human gastrointestinal cancer cell lines evaluated with apoptosis by use of thin layer collagen gel
The Second Department of Surgery, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu City 500 8705, Japan
Int J Oncol 24:807-13. 2004
- Laparoscopic technique and safety experience with barbed suture closure for pelvic cavity after abdominoperineal resection
Surgical Oncology, Gifu University School of Medicine, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu City 501 1194, Japan
World J Surg Oncol 11:115. 2013
..Any surgeon who is going to embark on these difficult resections should have at a minimum laparoscopic suturing skills in order to be able to close the peritoneal defect...
- Serum cytokine levels in response to hepatic cryoablation
Surgical Oncology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu City, Japan
J Surg Oncol 95:491-8. 2007
..Cryogenic treatment sometimes stimulates the immune system by releasing intracellular antigens. We evaluated anti-tumor immune response by analyzing alterations in serum cytokine levels...
- [Relation between p53 expression of human colon cancer cell lines and induction of apoptosis by anticancer drugs]
Dept of Surgical Oncology, Gifu University School of Medicine
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 30:1855-8. 2003
..These results indicate that the type of p53 expression might play an important role in the determination of response to low-dose CDDP + 5-FU therapy in colon cancer patients...