- Concurrent serotyping and genotyping of pneumococci by use of PCR and electrospray ionization mass spectrometry
Ibis Biosciences, Carlsbad, California, USA
J Clin Microbiol 50:2018-25. 2012
..In many instances, the PSGS genotype could provide resolution of single- and double-locus variants. This molecular serotyping/genotyping scheme is well suited to rapid characterization of large sets of pneumococcal isolates...
- Simultaneous identification of mycobacterial isolates to the species level and determination of tuberculosis drug resistance by PCR followed by electrospray ionization mass spectrometry
Ibis Biosciences, Inc, 2251 Faraday Ave, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
J Clin Microbiol 49:908-17. 2011
..The assay also provides information on ethambutol, fluoroquinolone, and diarylquinoline resistance and lineage-specific polymorphisms, to yield highly discriminative digital signatures potentially suitable for epidemiology tracking...
- Molecular genotyping of microbes by multilocus PCR and mass spectrometry: a new tool for hospital infection control and public health surveillance
David J Ecker
Ibis Biosciences, 1896 Rutherford Rd, Carlsbad, CA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 551:71-87. 2009
..This technology will facilitate understanding of the pathways by which infectious organisms spread and will enable appropriate interventions on a time frame not previously achievable...
- Rapid identification of emerging infectious agents using PCR and electrospray ionization mass spectrometry
Ibis Biosciences Inc, Subsidiary of Isis Pharmaceuticals, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1102:109-20. 2007
..It is applicable to the surveillance of bacterial, viral, fungal, or protozoal pathogens and will facilitate rapid characterization of known and emerging pathogens...
- Identification of Acinetobacter species and genotyping of Acinetobacter baumannii by multilocus PCR and mass spectrometry
Joseph A Ecker
Ibis Biosciences, Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 1891 Rutherford Road, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
J Clin Microbiol 44:2921-32. 2006
..This rapid analysis allows tracking of transmission for the implementation of appropriate infection control measures on a time scale previously not achievable...
- PCR followed by electrospray ionization mass spectrometry for broad-range identification of fungal pathogens
Ibis Biosciences, Abbott Laboratories, Carlsbad, California, USA
J Clin Microbiol 51:959-66. 2013
..4% and 99.2% of isolates, respectively. PCR/ESI-MS is a promising new technology for broad-range detection and identification of medically important fungal pathogens that cause invasive mycoses...
- Global surveillance of emerging Influenza virus genotypes by mass spectrometry
Ibis Biosciences Inc, A Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Isis Pharmaceuticals, Carlsbad, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e489. 2007
..We have developed one such approach based on previously described broad-range reverse transcription PCR/electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (RT-PCR/ESI-MS) technology...
- The Microbial Rosetta Stone database: A common structure for microbial biosecurity threat agents
David J Ecke
Ibis Division of Isis Pharmaceuticals, 1891 Rutherford Rd, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
J Forensic Sci 50:1380-5. 2005
..microbialrosettastone.com. This website provides a single location where access to information on a broad range of disease-causing organisms and toxins is available to members of the biosecurity community...
- New technology for rapid molecular diagnosis of bloodstream infections
David J Ecker
Ibis Biosciences, a subsidiary of Abbott Molecular, Inc, 2251 Faraday Ave, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 10:399-415. 2010
..We then focus on a new method that combines nucleic acid amplification with mass spectrometry in a novel approach to molecular diagnosis of bloodstream infections...
- Comprehensive biothreat cluster identification by PCR/electrospray-ionization mass spectrometry
Ibis Biosciences, Abbott, Carlsbad, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e36528. 2012
- Ibis T5000: a universal biosensor approach for microbiology
David J Ecker
Ibis Biosciences, 1896 Rutherford Road, Carlsbad, California 92008, USA
Nat Rev Microbiol 6:553-8. 2008
- Direct broad-range detection of alphaviruses in mosquito extracts
Mark W Eshoo
Ibis Biosciences, 1891 Rutherford Rd, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
Virology 368:286-95. 2007
..The assay we have developed provides a rapid, accurate, and high-throughput assay for surveillance of alphaviruses...
- Rapid identification and strain-typing of respiratory pathogens for epidemic surveillance
David J Ecker
Ibis Division of Isis Pharmaceuticals, 1891 Rutherford Road, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:8012-7. 2005
..This analysis method will provide information fundamental to understanding the polymicrobial nature of explosive epidemics of respiratory disease...
- Broad-spectrum biosensor capable of detecting and identifying diverse bacterial and Candida species in blood
Ibis Biosciences, A Division of Abbott, Carlsbad, California, USA
J Clin Microbiol 51:2670-8. 2013
..This study demonstrates the ability of broad-spectrum PCR/ESI-MS assays to detect and identify diverse organisms in complex natural matrices that contain high levels of background DNA. ..
- SAR by MS: discovery of a new class of RNA-binding small molecules for the hepatitis C virus: internal ribosome entry site IIA subdomain
Punit P Seth
Ibis Therapeutics, A Division of Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc, 1891 Rutherford Road, Carlsbad, California 92008, USA
J Med Chem 48:7099-102. 2005
..The optimized benzimidazoles demonstrated activity in a cellular replicon assay at concentrations comparable to their KD for the RNA target...
- The Microbial Rosetta Stone Database: a compilation of global and emerging infectious microorganisms and bioterrorist threat agents
David J Ecker
Ibis Therapeutics, 1891 Rutherford Rd, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
BMC Microbiol 5:19. 2005
..This ambiguity can be a significant block to effective communication among the diverse communities that must deal with epidemics or bioterrorist attacks...
- Rapid identification of emerging pathogens: coronavirus
Ibis Therapeutics, 1891 Rutherford Ct, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 11:373-9. 2005
..This approach, applicable to the surveillance of bacterial, viral, fungal, or protozoal pathogens, is capable of automated analysis of >900 PCR reactions per day...