- A pilot study of the feasibility of a vaginal washing cessation intervention among Kenyan female sex workers
University of Washington, HMC Box 359909, 325 9th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104 2499, USA
Sex Transm Infect 89:217-22. 2013
..This association may be mediated by mucosal disruption, changes in vaginal flora or genital tract inflammatory responses. Reducing vaginal washing could lower women's risk of HIV-1 acquisition...
- Incidence and correlates of Chlamydia trachomatis infection in a high-risk cohort of Kenyan women
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104 2499, USA
Sex Transm Dis 40:221-5. 2013
..Our objective was to evaluate the incidence and correlates of C. trachomatis infection among high-risk Kenyan women...
- A prospective study of vaginal trichomoniasis and HIV-1 shedding in women on antiretroviral therapy
Linnet N Masese
Department of Epidemiology, Box 357236, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
BMC Infect Dis 11:307. 2011
..We tested the hypothesis that T. vaginalis infection would increase vaginal HIV-1 RNA shedding in women on ART, and that successful treatment would reduce vaginal HIV-1 RNA levels...
- A prospective study of risk factors for bacterial vaginosis in HIV-1-seronegative African women
R Scott McClelland
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Sex Transm Dis 35:617-23. 2008
..Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is common and has been associated with increased HIV-1 susceptibility. The objective of this study was to identify risk factors for BV in African women at high risk for acquiring HIV-1...
- Treatment with antiretroviral therapy is not associated with increased sexual risk behavior in Kenyan female sex workers
R Scott McClelland
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
AIDS 24:891-7. 2010
..The objective of this study was to test the hypothesis that sexual risk behavior would increase following initiation of antiretroviral therapy (ART) in Kenyan female sex workers (FSWs)...
- Prevalence, clinical and virologic outcomes of hepatitis B virus co-infection in HIV-1 positive Kenyan women on antiretroviral therapy
Summer L Day
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e59346. 2013
..We aimed to determine the prevalence, clinical, and virologic outcomes of chronic HBV infection, including HBV resistance to lamivudine, in a cohort of HIV-1 seropositive Kenyan women on long-term ART...
- Prevalence and correlates of genital warts in Kenyan female sex workers
Barbara E Kavanaugh
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Sex Transm Dis 39:902-5. 2012
..Because of the high prevalence of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) in this population, we were particularly interested in the association between HIV-1 infection and genital warts...