- Phenotype, genotype, and serotype distribution of macrolide resistant invasive and non-invasive Streptococcus pneumoniae strains, in Sousse, Tunisia
Laboratoire de Microbiologie et Immunologie, UR12SP34, CHU Farhat Hached, 4000, Sousse, Tunisia Electronic address
Med Mal Infect 44:478-82. 2014
..We determined the macrolide resistance phenotypes and genotypes in Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates in Sousse and assessed the serotype distribution...
- Comparison of LED and conventional fluorescence microscopy for detection of acid-fast bacilli in an area with high tuberculosis incidence
Laboratory of Microbiology and Immunology, UR12SP34, Teaching Hospital Farhat Hached, Sousse, Tunisia
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 76:306-8. 2013
- Evaluation of the diagnostic value of measuring IgG, IgM, and IgA antibodies to mycobacterial A60 antigen in active tuberculosis
Microbiology and Immunology Laboratory, UR02SP13, CHU Farhat Hached, Sousse, Tunisia
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 68:55-9. 2010
..Moreover, this test could be used to increase diagnostic accuracy, especially for smear-negative TB cases, which are difficult to diagnose...
- Evaluation of an immunochromatographic assay for rapid identification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex in clinical isolates
Laboratory of Microbiology and Immunology, UR02 SP13, Universitary Hospital Farhat Hached, Sousse 4000, Tunisia
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 69:396-9. 2011
..The ICA (BIO-LINE SD Ag MPT64 TB) allows excellent MTC identification from clinical isolates. It is a rapid, simple, and inexpensive test, and has a definite contribution in the rapid laboratory diagnosis of tuberculosis...
- [Evaluation of chromogenic medium Uriselect4 in urine culture]
CHU Farhat Hached, Laboratoire de microbiologie et d immunologie UR02SP13, Sousse, Tunisie
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 69:541-4. 2011
..Uriselect4 medium isolates the most frequent urinary tract pathogens and identify them so almost immediately, with a lower cost...
- Rapid detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in sputum by Patho-TB kit in comparison with direct microscopy and culture
Microbiology and Immunology Laboratory UR02SP13, CHU Farhat Hached, Sousse 4000, Tunisia
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 65:232-5. 2009
..Patho-TB test is simple, quick, and easy to perform. Its sensitivity, specificity, and positive predictive value are satisfactory. Therefore, it could be used as a screening test in poorly equipped laboratories of TB endemic areas...