- Acetylcholinesterase inhibition ameliorates deficits in motivational drive
Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 3711, USA
Behav Brain Funct 8:15. 2012
..This study evaluated a chronic restraint stress (CRS) protocol in modeling apathetic behavior, and determined whether administration of an anticholinesterase had utility in attenuating CRS-induced phenotypes...
- Roles of p75(NTR), long-term depression, and cholinergic transmission in anxiety and acute stress coping
Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Biol Psychiatry 71:75-83. 2012
..This study investigated whether and how p75(NTR), via regulation of the cholinergic system and hippocampal synaptic plasticity, influences stress-related behaviors...
- Direct current stimulation promotes BDNF-dependent synaptic plasticity: potential implications for motor learning
Epilepsy Research Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Neuron 66:198-204. 2010
..We propose that tDCS may improve motor skill learning through augmentation of synaptic plasticity that requires BDNF secretion and TrkB activation within M1...
- TrkB as a potential synaptic and behavioral tag
Gene, Cognition and Psychosis Program, NIMH, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 3714, USA
J Neurosci 31:11762-71. 2011
..Inhibition of TrkB during STM training blocked such consolidation. These results suggest TrkB as a potential tag for synapse-specific expression of L-LTP and LTM...
- Activity-dependent brain-derived neurotrophic factor expression regulates cortistatin-interneurons and sleep behavior
Genes, Cognition and Psychosis Program GCAP, National Institute of Mental Health NIMH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Brain 4:11. 2011
..Cortistatin, a neuropeptide expressed primarily in a subset of cortical GABAergic interneurons, is another molecule implicated in sleep homeostasis...
- Suppression of adult neurogenesis leads to an increased hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis response
Robert J Schloesser
Laboratory of Molecular Pathophysiology, Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 3711, USA
Neuroreport 20:553-7. 2009
..This study suggests that suppressed neurogenesis regulates the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis response...
- Critical role of promoter IV-driven BDNF transcription in GABAergic transmission and synaptic plasticity in the prefrontal cortex
Section on Neural Development and Plasticity, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, 35 Lincoln Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892 3714, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:5942-7. 2009
..These results demonstrate the importance of promoter IV-dependent Bdnf transcription in GABAergic function and reveal an unexpected regulation of STDP in the PFC by BDNF...