- Safety assessment of raloxifene over eight years in a clinical trial setting
The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 21:1441-52. 2005
..The aim of this study was to assess the safety of raloxifene over 8 years in 4011 postmenopausal women with osteoporosis in a clinical trial setting through adverse event reporting...
- Continuing outcomes relevant to Evista: breast cancer incidence in postmenopausal osteoporotic women in a randomized trial of raloxifene
Cancer Institute Medical Group, 2001 Santa Monica Blvd, Ste 560W, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:1751-61. 2004
..We conducted the Continuing Outcomes Relevant to Evista (CORE) trial to examine the effect of 4 additional years of raloxifene therapy on the incidence of invasive breast cancer in women in MORE who agreed to continue in CORE...
- Prognostic value of basal phenotype in HER2-overexpressing breast cancer
Sanjay P Bagaria
Department of Surgical Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute, Santa Monica, CA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 19:935-40. 2012
..We investigated the clinical relevance of this basal-HER2+ subtype within HER2-overexpressing breast tumors...
- Randomized clinical trials of raloxifene: reducing the risk of osteoporosis and breast cancer in postmenopausal women
Olga M Olevsky
Angeles Clinic and Research Institute, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
Menopause 15:790-6. 2008
..It has a more favorable toxicity profile than tamoxifen and provides an alternative for postmenopausal women...
- The role of selective estrogen receptor modulators in the prevention of breast cancer: comparison of the clinical trials
The John Wayne Cancer Institute, St Johns Health Center, Santa Monica, California, USA
Oncologist 9:116-25. 2004
..Completion of these trials will provide important information about the occurrence of invasive breast cancer in postmenopausal women and the efficacy of raloxifene for breast cancer risk reduction...
- Prediction of breast tumor progression by integrity of free circulating DNA in serum
Department of Molecular Oncology and the Joyce Eisenberg Breast Center, John Wayne Cancer Institute, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4270-6. 2006
..Serum DNA integrity, the ratio of longer fragments to total DNA, may be clinically useful for detecting breast cancer progression...
- Effect of raloxifene on the incidence of invasive breast cancer in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis categorized by breast cancer risk
Marc E Lippman
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:5242-7. 2006
..To assess the effect of raloxifene, indicated for osteoporosis treatment and prevention, on invasive breast cancer in subgroups of postmenopausal women defined by risk factors for breast cancer...
- Effect of letrozole versus placebo on bone mineral density in women with primary breast cancer completing 5 or more years of adjuvant tamoxifen: a companion study to NCIC CTG MA.17
Edith A Perez
St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Canada
J Clin Oncol 24:3629-35. 2006
..17B evaluated bone turnover markers and bone mineral density (BMD) in postmenopausal women randomly assigned to MA.17, a placebo-controlled trial of letrozole after standard adjuvant tamoxifen...
- Duration of letrozole treatment and outcomes in the placebo-controlled NCIC CTG MA.17 extended adjuvant therapy trial
James N Ingle
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 99:295-300. 2006
..Analyses were conducted to examine the relationships between duration of treatment on MA.17 and outcomes...
- Efficacy of letrozole extended adjuvant therapy according to estrogen receptor and progesterone receptor status of the primary tumor: National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group MA.17
Paul E Goss
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:2006-11. 2007
..MA.17 randomized postmenopausal women after 5 years of tamoxifen, to letrozole or placebo. We present outcomes according to tumor receptor status...
- Efficacy, toxicity, and quality of life in older women with early-stage breast cancer treated with letrozole or placebo after 5 years of tamoxifen: NCIC CTG intergroup trial MA.17
Hyman B Muss
University of Vermont College of Medicine, 1 South Prospect St, Saint Joseph 3400, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1956-64. 2008
..Breast cancer incidence increases with age and more than 1,300 women age 70 years or older were enrolled onto MA.17, making it ideal to explore the benefits, toxicities, and quality of life (QOL) impact of letrozole on older women...
- Late extended adjuvant treatment with letrozole improves outcome in women with early-stage breast cancer who complete 5 years of tamoxifen
Paul E Goss
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, 55 Fruit St, Lawrence House, LRH 302, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1948-55. 2008
..When the trial was unblinded, patients who received placebo (PLAC) were offered LET...
- Phase III randomized placebo-controlled trial of two doses of megestrol acetate as treatment for menopausal symptoms in women with breast cancer: Southwest Oncology Group Study 9626
J Wendall Goodwin
Cancer Research for the Ozarks, 1730 E Republic Rd, Suite V, Springfield, MO 65804, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1650-6. 2008
..Prior progestin studies treating hot flashes in women have been short duration and single dose. This study tests the progestin megestrol acetate (MA) at two doses versus placebo over 6 months...
- Assessment of quality of life in MA.17: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial of letrozole after 5 years of tamoxifen in postmenopausal women
Timothy J Whelan
McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
J Clin Oncol 23:6931-40. 2005
..To evaluate the impact of letrozole compared with placebo after adjuvant tamoxifen on quality of life (QOL) in the MA.17 trial...
- A randomized trial of letrozole in postmenopausal women after five years of tamoxifen therapy for early-stage breast cancer
Paul E Goss
Division of Hematology Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 349:1793-802. 2003
..The aromatase inhibitor letrozole, by suppressing estrogen production, might improve the outcome after the discontinuation of tamoxifen therapy...