- Cortex-sparing fiber dissection: an improved method for the study of white matter anatomy in the human brain
Department of Neurological Surgery, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, Cantabria, Spain
J Anat 219:531-41. 2011
..Consequently, it is an important tool for neurosurgical training and neuroanatomical research...
- Fiber dissection and diffusion tensor imaging tractography study of the temporoparietal fiber intersection area
Department of Neurological Surgery, Hospital Universitario Marqués de Valdecilla and Instituto de Formación e Investigación Marqués de Valdecilla, Santander, Cantabria, Spain
Neurosurgery 72:87-97; discussion 97-8. 2013
..Millions of axons cross through the white matter underlying these cortical areas; however, little is known about the complex organization of these connections...
- Analysis of the subcomponents and cortical terminations of the perisylvian superior longitudinal fasciculus: a fiber dissection and DTI tractography study
Department of Neurological Surgery, Hospital Universitario Marqués de Valdecilla and Instituto de Formación e Investigación Marqués de Valdecilla, Av de Valdecilla s n, 39008 Santander, Cantabria, Spain
Brain Struct Funct 218:105-21. 2013
..By accurately depicting not only the trajectory but also cortical connections of this bundle, it is possible to develop new insights into the putative functional role of this tract...
- Cost-utility of maximal safe resection of WHO grade II gliomas within eloquent areas
Department of Neurological Surgery, Hospital Universitario Marqués de Valdecilla and Instituto de Formación e Investigación Marqués de Valdecilla, Av de Valdecilla s n, Santander, Cantabria, Spain
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 155:41-50. 2013
..Here we analyze the health related quality of life, direct and indirect costs of surgeries with and without intraoperative electrical stimulation (IES) mapping for resection of GIIG within eloquent areas...
- Intrasurgical mapping of complex motor function in the superior frontal gyrus
Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, Feixa Llarga s n, 08907, L Hospitalet, and Department of Clinical and Health Psychology, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Neuroscience 179:131-42. 2011
..Finally, the current study emphasizes the discrepancies between fMRI and intraoperative electrical stimulation maps in complex hand motor function...
- Fibrinolytic therapy in spontaneous intraventricular haemorrhage: efficacy and safety of the treatment
Department of Neurosurgery, Bellvitge Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Neurosurg 22:269-74. 2008
..Intraventricular UK appears to be a safe treatment. It is effective in the prevention of catheter blockage, speeding the clearance of IVH, and it is associated with lower rate of intracranial hypertension and death...
- Early post-operative ACTH and cortisol as predictors of remission in Cushing's disease
J J Acebes
Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital Universitario de Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 149:471-7; discussion 477-9. 2007
..To study the value of early (24 h) post-operative ACTH and serum cortisol as predictors of remission after transsphenoidal surgery in Cushing's disease...