- Prison experiences and the reintegration of male parolees
University of California School of Nursing, Los Angeles 700 Tiverton Ave, Room 3 133, Box 170221, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
ANS Adv Nurs Sci 32:E17-29. 2009
..Effective health and reintegration policy for individuals on parole must integrate the problems and issues of long-term involvement in correctional and criminal life into programs and interventions for these individuals...
- Barriers and facilitators: parolees' perceptions of community health care
School of Nursing, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 94612, USA
J Correct Health Care 16:17-26. 2010
..Increased access to health care can provide opportunities to address both the health care and reintegration needs of individuals on parole...
- Correlates of serious violent crime for recently released parolees with a history of homelessness
University of California, Los Angeles, School of Nursing, CA 90095 1702, USA
Violence Vict 27:793-810. 2012
- Hepatitis A/B vaccine completion among homeless adults with history of incarceration
Adeline M Nyamathi
University of California, Los Angeles, 90095 1702, USA
J Forensic Nurs 8:13-22. 2012
..Additional strategies are needed to achieve HBV vaccination completion rates greater than 50% for formerly incarcerated homeless men...
- Correlates of depressive symptoms among homeless men on parole
University of California, Los Angeles, School of Nursing, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 32:501-11. 2011
..39, p <.05). Findings support proper use of both prison and community assessment services to at-risk individuals eligible for parole to increase self-esteem and coping...
- Recidivism in HIV-infected incarcerated adults: influence of the lack of a high school education
Family Health Care Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, School of Nursing, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Urban Health 85:585-95. 2008
..Education should be explored as a way to make further progress on breaking the cycle of incarceration...
- Impact of prison status on HIV-related risk behaviors
Angela L Hudson
School of Nursing, University of California Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
AIDS Behav 15:340-6. 2011
..As risk for HCV and HIV co-infection continues among homeless ex-offenders, HIV/HCV prevention efforts are needed for this population...