- Intravenous colistin in the treatment of sepsis from multiresistant Gram-negative bacilli in critically ill patients
Intensive Care Unit B, Athens Trauma Hospital KAT, Athens, Greece
Crit Care 7:R78-83. 2003
..We conducted the present observational study to evaluate the efficacy of intravenous colistin in the treatment of critically ill patients with sepsis caused by Gram-negative bacilli resistant to all other antibiotics...
- Venous pressure measurements in the superior and inferior vena cava: the influence of intra-abdominal pressure
B ICU, KAT Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hepatogastroenterology 51:51-5. 2004
..To investigate the relationship of pressure in the inferior vena cava (Pivc) with a) pressure in the superior vena cava (Psvc), b) intra-abdominal pressure as measured in the urinary bladder (Pcyst)...
- A case of drug-induced pneumonitis caused by carvedilol
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Melisia General Hospital A Fleming, Athens, Greece
Respiration 71:650-2. 2004
..We present a case of drug- induced pneumonitis caused by carvedilol. Forty days after drug cessation, there was almost complete resolution of pulmonary infiltrates. This is the first report of pneumonitis caused by carvedilol...
- Sleep-disordered breathing in nondialyzed patients with chronic renal failure
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, A Fleming General Hospital, 2 Pigis St, 15126, Mellisia, Athens, Greece
Lung 184:43-9. 2006
..The prevalence of SDB and RLS is high in dialysis-independent CRF. SDB weakly correlates with indices of kidney function and this association becomes stronger in nondiabetics...
- The critically ill patient with cancer - indications for Intensive Care Unit admission and outcomes
Intensive Care Unit B, KAT Hospital, Athens, Greece
J BUON 13:469-78. 2008
..When in doubt, an ICU trial with re-appraisal at 3-6 days may be the best policy, as the data available when ICU admission is considered, are not sufficient to identify patients who are likely to benefit from ICU management...
- Increased blood troponin levels in ICU patients
ICU, Thriasio Hospital, Athens, Greece
Curr Opin Crit Care 17:454-63. 2011
..This article aims to provide information on the significance of troponin elevations in unselected critically ill patients and in patients with sepsis or septic shock...
- Severity of illness and outcome in adult patients with primary varicella pneumonia
Athens University School of Nursing, Intensive Care Unit at Trauma Hospital of Athens, Kifisia, Athens, Greece
Respiration 69:330-4. 2002
..Varicella pneumonia is a serious complication of primary varicella infection in adults that often results in respiratory failure and death...