- Cardiac implantable electronic device infections: the enemy that lurks beneath the skin
Divisionof Cardiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02109, USA
J Long Term Eff Med Implants 20:203-17. 2010
..Summarizing the currently available literature, CIED infection is best managed by a combined strategy of complete device and lead extraction plus appropriately tailored antimicrobial therapy...
- Contemporary management of and outcomes from cardiac device related infections
Department of Cardiology, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Eccles Street, Dublin 7, Ireland
Europace 12:64-70. 2010
..Infection is a serious, potentially fatal complication of device implantation. The numbers of device implants and infections are rising. Optimal care of device infection is not well defined...
- The Dublin cardiac arrest registry: temporal improvement in survival from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest reflects improved pre-hospital emergency care
Department of Cardiology, Division of Internal Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, GRB 800, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Europace 13:1157-65. 2011
..Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OOHCA) survival remains poor, estimated at 3-7%. We aim to describe the incidence of OOHCA, survival from OOHCA, and the impact of improved pre-hospital care on survival from OOHCA...
- Sudden cardiac death in 14- to 35-year olds in Ireland from 2005 to 2007: a retrospective registry
Sudden Cardiac Death in the Young Registry, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Eccles Street, Dublin 7, Ireland
Europace 13:1411-8. 2011
..Ireland has previously had no measure of the incidence of SCD in young people. We report the incidence and causes of SCD in persons <35 years of age...
- Atherosclerotic renal artery stenosis and renal artery stenting: an evolving therapeutic option
Section of Vascular Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 9:1347-60. 2011
..The results of renal artery stenting will be discussed and from this, the available noninvasive and invasive tools available to assess the clinical and hemodynamic significance of renal artery stenosis will be presented...
- Dobutamine stress echo-induced apical ballooning (Takotsubo) syndrome
Department of Cardiology, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Echocardiogr 10:395-9. 2009
..We report a case of dobutamine stress echocardiography (DSE) resulting in transient apical ballooning syndrome to highlight this rare condition as a potential complication of DSE...
- Enhancing back-up support during difficult coronary stent delivery: single-center case series of experience with the Heartrail II catheter
Vascular Medicine and Intervention, Division of Cardiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 23:E43-6. 2011
..We report our preliminary experience using the 5 Fr Terumo guide catheter (Heartrail II, Terumo) from a single center...
- Comprehensive medical management of peripheral arterial disease
Section of Vascular Medicine, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 54:2-13. 2011
..This manuscript will review the current status of medical therapy in management of patients with PAD...