- Refractive and reflective image distortion during lower tract endoscopy--a potential cause of misdiagnosis
Department of Urology, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, United Kingdom
J Endourol 24:199-200. 2010
..Flexible cystoscopy is well established in urological practice. We present a unique image obtained during bladder inspection, illustrating visual refractive distortion, which highlights the potential difficulty in optical interpretation...
- Use of botulinum toxin in the treatment of lower urinary tract disorders. Current status
Department of Urology Research, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, UK
Arch Esp Urol 63:829-41. 2010
..Nevertheless this treatment modality has remarkable efficacy and minimal side effects and thus will be a key future treatment option for a wide range of indications...
- A systematic review of graft augmentation urethroplasty techniques for the treatment of anterior urethral strictures
Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Eur Urol 59:797-814. 2011
..Reconstructive surgeons who perform urethroplasty have a variety of techniques in their armamentarium that may be used according to factors such as aetiology, stricture position, and length. No one technique is recommended...
- The placebo effect in overactive bladder syndrome
Department of Urology, The Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Glossop Road, Sheffield S10 2JF, UK
Nat Rev Urol 8:495-503. 2011
..More research is needed to determine the underlying mechanisms of the placebo effect in OAB...
- Contemporary management of lower urinary tract disease with botulinum toxin A: a systematic review of botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) and dysport (abobotulinumtoxinA)
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Sheffield, UK
Eur Urol 60:784-95. 2011
..There are two commonly used preparations of BoNTA: Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) and Dysport (abobotulinumtoxinA)...
- Comparison of candidate scaffolds for tissue engineering for stress urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse repair
University of Sheffield and Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
BJU Int 112:674-85. 2013
- Tissue engineering in urethral reconstruction--an update
Department of Urology Research, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield S10 2JF, UK
Asian J Androl 15:89-92. 2013
..With further work, tissue engineered grafts may facilitate the management of lengthy urethral strictures requiring oral mucosa substitution urethroplasty...
- What is the evidence for the management of urethral amyloidosis? A systematic review of the literature
Departments of Urology Histopathology, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
BJU Int 109:1858-61. 2012
..By reviewing the literature and comparing our own experiences, we have shown urethroplasty to have good medium term outcomes in patients with urethral amyloidosis, whereas urethrotomy may lead to recurrence...
- Defining a patient-reported outcome measure for urethral stricture surgery
Matthew J Jackson
Department of Urology, Newcastle upon Tyne NHS Foundation Trust, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Eur Urol 60:60-8. 2011
..A systematic literature review did not identify a formally validated patient-reported outcome measure (PROM) for urethral stricture surgery...
- SIU/ICUD Consultation on Urethral Strictures: The management of anterior urethral stricture disease using substitution urethroplasty
Department of Urology Research, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK Electronic address
Urology 83:S31-47. 2014
..Careful consideration needs to be made of the outcomes reported in the world literature, bearing in mind these aforementioned points. The article concludes with an overview of the key recommendations provided by the committee. ..
- A systematic review of surgical techniques used in the treatment of female urethral stricture
Nadir I Osman
Department of Urology, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Eur Urol 64:965-73. 2013
..Female urethral stricture (FUS) is a rare and challenging clinical entity. Several new surgical techniques have been described for the treatment of FUS, although with the limited number of reports, there is no consensus on best management...
- Modern evaluation of lower urinary tract symptoms in 2014
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, Glossop Road, Sheffield, UK
Curr Opin Urol 24:15-20. 2014
..To evaluate and present the evidence for the use of different investigation modalities in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia/lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) in 2014...
- Are biomechanical properties predictive of the success of prostheses used in stress urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse? A systematic review
University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Neurourol Urodyn 31:13-21. 2012
..Uniaxial testing of materials has been used to predict their success and rates of erosion. We aimed to compare the uniaxial properties of prostheses to native paravaginal tissue and correlate these to their success and erosion rates...
- Management of anterior urethral stricture: an evidence-based approach
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, Sheffield, UK
Curr Opin Urol 20:453-8. 2010
..To provide a review of the latest evidence on the management of anterior urethral strictures...