Affiliation: University of Malaya
- Practical difficulties in the management of hepatitis B in the Asia-Pacific regionRosmawati Mohamed
Department of Medicine, University Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:958-69. 2004....
- Knowledge, attitudes and practices among people with chronic hepatitis B attending a hepatology clinic in Malaysia: a cross sectional studyRosmawati Mohamed
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Malaya 50603, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
BMC Public Health 12:601. 2012..Hepatitis B (HBV) is the leading cause of cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma worldwide. This study assessed the knowledge, attitudes and practices of people with chronic HBV and the associated factors...
- Impact of leptin receptor gene variants on risk of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and its interaction with adiponutrin geneShamsul Mohd Zain
The Pharmacogenomics Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 28:873-9. 2013..This study attempted to assess whether polymorphisms in the leptin receptor (LEPR) gene and its combined effect with patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing protein 3 (PNPLA3/adiponutrin) are associated with risk of NAFLD...
- Association of glucokinase regulatory gene polymorphisms with risk and severity of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: an interaction study with adiponutrin geneHwa Li Tan
The Pharmacogenomics Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Gastroenterol 49:1056-64. 2014..This study attempted to investigate the association of GCKR rs780094 and rs1260326 with susceptibility to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and its severity...
- Genome-wide analysis of copy number variation identifies candidate gene loci associated with the progression of non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseShamsul Mohd Zain
The Pharmacogenomics Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
PLoS ONE 9:e95604. 2014..These data could prove invaluable in predicting patients at risk of developing NAFLD and more importantly, those who will subsequently progress to NASH...
- Uncovering the experiences and needs of patients with chronic hepatitis B infection at diagnosis: a qualitative studyChirk Jenn Ng
University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Asia Pac J Public Health 25:32-40. 2013..This may entail public awareness campaign, implementation of pretest and posttest counseling, and educating doctors on how to communicate the diagnosis and management to patients accurately and sensitively...
- Comparative analysis of viral genomes from acute and chronic hepatitis B reveals novel variants associated with a lower rate of chronicityJack Bee Chook
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Med Virol 85:419-24. 2013..BCP/X, enhancer I and surface/polymerase variants were found to be associated almost exclusively with acute hepatitis. These HBV variants are novel potential markers for non-progression to chronic hepatitis...
- Susceptibility and gene interaction study of the angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AGTR1) gene polymorphisms with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in a multi-ethnic populationShamsul Mohd Zain
The Pharmacogenomics Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
PLoS ONE 8:e58538. 2013..We report novel findings of an association between the G allele of the rs3772622 with occurrence of fibrosis and of the gene-gene interaction between AGTR1gene and the much-studied PNPLA3 gene...