E M Khoo
Affiliation: University of Malaya
- How useful is a history of rubella vaccination for determination of disease susceptibility? A cross-sectional study at a public funded health clinic in MalaysiaAi Theng Cheong
Department of Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor 43400, Malaysia
BMC Fam Pract 14:19. 2013..The usefulness of this history, however, is not established. Thus, this paper aimed to determine the usefulness of a history of rubella vaccination in determining rubella susceptibility in pregnant women...
- Medical errors in primary care clinics--a cross sectional studyEe Ming Khoo
Department of Primary Care Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Jalan Lembah Pantai, Kuala Lumpur 50603, Malaysia
BMC Fam Pract 13:127. 2012..There is a lack of studies on medical errors in primary care settings. The aim of the study is to determine the extent of diagnostic inaccuracies and management errors in public funded primary care clinics...
- Somatisation disorder and its associated factors in multiethnic primary care clinic attendersE M Khoo
Department of Primary Care Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Int J Behav Med 19:165-73. 2012..Somatisation disorder (SD) has been reported as common in all ethnic groups, but the estimates of its prevalence have varied and the evidence for its associated factors has been inconsistent...
- Cervical cancer screening attitudes and beliefs of Malaysian women who have never had a pap smear: a qualitative studyL P Wong
Health Research Development United, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Int J Behav Med 15:289-92. 2008..Attitudes toward cervical cancer and participation in early detection and screening services are well known to be profoundly affected by cultural beliefs and norms...
- Peripheral arterial disease in general and diabetic populationK Rabia
Department of Primary Care Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur
Med J Malaysia 62:182-5; quiz 186. 2007..It may lead to nonhealing wounds, gangrene and amputation of the lower limbs. Hence, early identification of patients at risk of PAD and timely referral to the vascular surgeon in severe cases is crucial...
- Prevalence of peripheral arterial disease in patients with diabetes mellitus in a primary care settingK Rabia
Department of Primary Care Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Med J Malaysia 62:130-3. 2007..052). No significant relationships were found between age, gender, smoking status, duration of diabetes mellitus, hypertension, dyslipidaemia, and PAD. PAD is common in the diabetic population of this study...
- Knowledge and awareness of cervical cancer and screening among Malaysian women who have never had a Pap smear: a qualitative studyL P Wong
Medical Education and Research Development Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Jalan Lembah Pantai, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Singapore Med J 50:49-53. 2009..A qualitative study was undertaken using face-to-face in-depth interviews to investigate knowledge, attitudes and beliefs on cervical cancer screening of Malaysian women...