Affiliation: Universiti Sains Malaysia
- An audit on diabetes management in Asian patients treated by specialists: the Diabcare-Asia 1998 and 2003 studiesMafauzy Mohamed
Health Campus, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
Curr Med Res Opin 24:507-14. 2008..To collect information on diabetes management, including psychosocial aspects, in patients managed by specialists 5 years after they were first surveyed in 1998...
- Non-achievement of clinical targets in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusM Eid
Department of Chemical Pathology, School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 16150 Kubang Kerian, Kelantan
Med J Malaysia 59:177-84. 2004..The prevalence of hyperlipidaemia and hypertension was high. It is imperative that better treatment strategies and methods be adopted to enhance diabetes control and reduce long-term complications of the disease...
- Diabetes control and complications in public hospitals in MalaysiaM Mafauzy
Diabcare Malaysia Study Group, Health Campus, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 16150 Kubang Kerian, Kelantan
Med J Malaysia 61:477-83. 2006..There is still an urgent need to educate both patients and health care personnel on the importance of achieving the clinical targets and greater effort must be made to achieve these targets...
- The impact of a disease management program (COACH) on the attainment of better cardiovascular risk control in dyslipidaemic patients at primary care centres (The DISSEMINATE Study): a randomised controlled trialFrancis Jude Selvaraj
Eli Lilly M Sdn Bhd, Cameron Highlands, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
BMC Fam Pract 13:97. 2012..This open-label, parallel, randomised controlled trial compared the COACH programme delivered by primary care physicians alone (PCP arm) and primary care physicians assisted by nurse educators (PCP-NE arm)...
- The status of diabetes control in Malaysia: results of DiabCare 2008M Mafauzy
Health Campus, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kelantan, Malaysia
Med J Malaysia 66:175-81. 2011..There is an urgent need for effective remedial measures to increase adherence to practice guidelines and to educate both patients and healthcare personnel on importance of achieving clinical targets for metabolic control...
- Metabolic syndrome and its characteristics among obese patients attending an obesity clinicH M Termizy
Department of Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, Health Campus, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kubang Kerian, Kota Bharu 16150, Malaysia
Singapore Med J 50:390-4. 2009....
- Repaglinide versus glibenclamide treatment of Type 2 diabetes during Ramadan fastingM Mafauzy
School of Medical Science, University Sains Malaysia, 16150 Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 58:45-53. 2002..Type 2 diabetic Muslims using prandial repaglinide showed a trend towards better glycaemic control and had a lower frequency of hypoglycaemia than patients using glibenclamide during Ramadan...
- Correlation between fasting plasma glucose, post prandial glucose and glycated haemoglobin and fructosamineM Rosediani
Department of Family Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, Health Campus, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 16150 Kubang Kerian, Kota Bharu, Kelantan, Malaysia
Med J Malaysia 61:67-71. 2006..Thus, PPG predicted overall glycaemic control better than FPG. Compared to HbA1c, fructosamine correlated least well with mean glucose profiles. Hence, using HbAlc in monitoring overall glycaemic control is better than fructosamine...
- Hypertension and associated cardiovascular risk factors in KelantanM Mafauzy
Department of Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 16150 Kubang Kerian, Kota Bharu, Kelantan
Med J Malaysia 58:556-64. 2003..The prevalence is likely to increase in the near future with increasing affluence and becoming a major health problem...
- Diabetes control and complications in private primary healthcare in MalaysiaM Mafauzy
Health Campus, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 16150 Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia
Med J Malaysia 60:212-7. 2005..There is an urgent need to educate both patients and health care personnel on the importance of achieving the clinical targets and greater effort must be made to achieve these targets...
- Comparisons of the outcomes on control, type of management and complications status in early onset and late onset type 2 diabetes in AsiaLee Ming Chuang
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, 7 Chung Shan South Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 71:146-55. 2006..To describe the clinical characteristics and chronic diabetic complications in early (EOD) and late onset type 2 diabetes mellitus (LOD) in Asia...