Affiliation: Universiti Teknologi MARA
- Reversal of memory deficits by Coriandrum sativum leaves in miceVasudevan Mani
Faculty of Pharmacy, Universiti Teknologi Mara UiTM, Selangor, Malaysia
J Sci Food Agric 91:186-92. 2011..Elevated plus-maze and passive avoidance apparatus served as the exteroceptive behavioral models for testing memory. Diazepam, scopolamine and ageing-induced amnesia served as the interoceptive behavioral models...
- Effects of the total alkaloidal extract of Murraya koenigii leaf on oxidative stress and cholinergic transmission in aged miceVasudevan Mani
Brain Research Laboratory, Faculty of Pharmacy, Campus Puncak Alam, Universiti Teknologi Mara UiTM, 42300 Bandar Puncak Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Phytother Res 27:46-53. 2013..The results showed the possible utility of Murraya koenigii leaves in neuroprotection against neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer's disease...
- Anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-ulcerogenic effect of total alkaloidal extract from Murraya koenigii leaves in animal modelsVasudevan Mani
Brain Research Laboratory, Faculty of Pharmacy, Universiti Teknologi Mara UiTM, Puncak Alam Campus, 42300 Bandar Puncak Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Food Funct 4:557-67. 2013..o) showed promising anti-ulcerogenic activity with protection against acute gastric ulcers induced by ethanol plus hydrochloric acid and aspirin models in a dose dependent manner...
- Total isoflavones from soybean and tempeh reversed scopolamine-induced amnesia, improved cholinergic activities and reduced neuroinflammation in brainAliya Ahmad
Brain Research Laboratory, Faculty of Pharmacy, Universiti Teknologi Mara UiTM, Campus Puncak Alam, 42300 Bandar Puncak Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Food Chem Toxicol 65:120-8. 2014..o.) was able to reduce inflammation better than SI. The TI ameliorates scopolamine-induced memory in rats through the cholinergic neuronal pathway and by prevention of neuroinflammation. ..
- Protective effects of total alkaloidal extract from Murraya koenigii leaves on experimentally induced dementiaVasudevan Mani
Brain Research Laboratory, Faculty of Pharmacy, Puncak Alam Campus, Universiti Teknologi Mara UiTM, 42300 Bandar Puncak Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Food Chem Toxicol 50:1036-44. 2012..koenigii leaves. The IC50 value of MKA against BACE1 was 1.7 μg/mL. In conclusion, this study indicates MKA to be a useful remedy in the management of Alzheimer's disease and dementia...