H R Aida
Affiliation: Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Vitamin E and its effect on arterial stiffness in postmenopausal women--a randomized controlled trialA H G Rasool
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kelantan, Malaysia
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 41:587-92. 2003..Hormone replacement therapy and soy isoflavones improve arterial stiffness in these women. The aim of this study is to establish whether vitamin E improves arterial stiffness in postmenopausal women after 10 weeks of supplementation...
- Blood pressure in acute intracerebral haemorrhageA H G Rasool
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia
J Hum Hypertens 18:187-92. 2004..Few data are available about the effects of early lowering of BP on outcome after ICH with no reliable trial yet conducted. Proper randomised trials are required to establish the effect of early lowering of BP on outcome after ICH...
- Dose dependent elevation of plasma tocotrienol levels and its effect on arterial compliance, plasma total antioxidant status, and lipid profile in healthy humans supplemented with tocotrienol rich vitamin EAida H G Rasool
School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 16150 Kelantan, Malaysia
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 52:473-8. 2006....
- Arterial compliance and vitamin E blood levels with a self emulsifying preparation of tocotrienol rich vitamin EAida Hanum Ghulam Rasool
School of Medical Sciences, Kota Bharu, Malaysia
Arch Pharm Res 31:1212-7. 2008..77 m/s and 0.65 m/s respectively (p=0.007 and p=0.002). There was no effect of SF-TRE on serum lipids. We conclude that there was a trend towards improvement in arterial compliance with 2 months' of SF-TRE...
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase G894T gene polymorphism and response to skin reactive hyperemiaAida Hanum Ghulam Rasool
Pharmacology Vascular Laboratory, School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Health Campus, 16150 Kota Bharu, Malaysia
Microvasc Res 78:230-4. 2009..eNOS 894T allele carriers however, have lower baseline perfusion compared to the homozygous G894 allele carrier...
- Older Age Group in Pregnancy is Associated with Increased Arterial StiffnessA A Salmi
Universiti Sains Malaysia, School of Medical Sciences, 16150 Kota Bharu, Malaysia
Med J Malaysia 65:115-8. 2010....