Rubber Research Institute of Malaysia
Organization: Rubber Research Institute of Malaysia
- Allergenic proteins of natural rubber latexH Y Yeang
Biotechnology and Strategic Research Unit, Rubber Research Institute of Malaysia, Malaysian Rubber Board, P O Box 10150, 50908 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Methods 27:32-45. 2002..As interest in recombinant latex allergens increases, there is a need to validate recombinant proteins to ascertain equivalence with their native counterparts when used in immunological studies, diagnostics, and immunotherapy...
- Natural rubber latex allergens: new developmentsHoong Yeet Yeang
Biotechnology and Strategic Research Unit, Rubber Research Institute of Malaysia, Malaysian Rubber Board, RRIM Experiment Station, Selangor, Malaysia
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 4:99-104. 2004..Although prevalence figures for sensitization to the various latex allergens have been published in several studies in the past, the data have not been collated to facilitate cross-comparison...
- Isolation and characterization of the early nodule-specific protein homologue (Hev b 13), an allergenic lipolytic esterase from Hevea brasiliensis latexSiti Arija M Arif
Rubber Research Institute of Malaysia, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Biol Chem 279:23933-41. 2004..The purified protein showed lipase and esterase activities and may be involved in plant defense...
- Hev b 5 and Hev b 13 as allergen markers to estimate the allergenic potency of latex glovesHoong Yeet Yeang
Rubber Research Institute of Malaysia, 50908 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:593-8. 2004..Various assays to estimate the amount of residual allergenic proteins extractable from latex gloves to assess their potential exposure hazard have inherent weaknesses...
- Molecular cloning and immunoglobulin E reactivity of a natural rubber latex lecithinase homologue, the major allergenic component of Hev b 4E Sunderasan
Biotechnology and Strategic Research Unit, Malaysian Rubber Board, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Clin Exp Allergy 35:1490-5. 2005..Of the 13 NRL allergens recognized by the International Union of Immunological Societies, the 53-55 kDa Hev b 4 major protein is the only candidate that lacks complete cDNA and protein sequence information...
- Insights into rubber biosynthesis from transcriptome analysis of Hevea brasiliensis latexKeng See Chow
Biotechnology Unit, Rubber Research Institute of Malaysia, Malaysian Rubber Board, RRIM Experiment Station, 47000 Sungai Buloh, Selangor, Malaysia
J Exp Bot 58:2429-40. 2007..Implications of the RPMP function in cis-polyisoprene biosynthesis in the context of transcript abundance and differential gene expression are discussed...