Affiliation: Malaysian Palm Oil Board
- Palm fruit chemistry and nutritionKalyana Sundram
Malaysian Palm Oil Board, P O Box 10620, 50720 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 12:355-62. 2003..A further challenge would be to package all these palm ingredients into a single functional food for better nutrition and health...
- Oil palm vegetation liquor: a new source of phenolic bioactivesRavigadevi Sambanthamurthi
Malaysian Palm Oil Board, Persiaran Institusi, Bandar Baru Bangi, Kajang Selangor, Malaysia
Br J Nutr 106:1655-63. 2011..Oil palm vegetation liquor thus represents a new source of phenolic bioactives...
- Positive outcomes of oil palm phenolics on degenerative diseases in animal modelsRavigadevi Sambanthamurthi
Malaysian Palm Oil Board, Persiaran Institusi, Bandar Baru Bangi, Kajang, Selangor, Malaysia
Br J Nutr 106:1664-75. 2011..Thus, initial studies suggest that OPP may have potential against several chronic disease outcomes in mammals...
- Oil palm phenolics attenuate changes caused by an atherogenic diet in miceSoon Sen Leow
Malaysian Palm Oil Board, No 6, Persiaran Institusi, Bandar Baru Bangi, Kajang, Selangor, Malaysia
Eur J Nutr 52:443-56. 2013..Water-soluble phenolics from the oil palm possess significant biological properties...
- Differential transcriptomic profiles effected by oil palm phenolics indicate novel health outcomesSoon Sen Leow
Malaysian Palm Oil Board, NO, 6, Persiaran Institusi, Bandar Baru Bangi, 43000 Kajang, Selangor, Malaysia
BMC Genomics 12:432. 2011....
- Postprandial metabolic fate of tocotrienol-rich vitamin E differs significantly from that of alpha-tocopherolSyed Fairus
Food Technology and Nutrition Unit, Malaysian Palm Oil Board, Selangor, Malaysia
Am J Clin Nutr 84:835-42. 2006..Tocotrienol transport in lipoproteins appears to follow complex biochemically mediated pathways within the lipoprotein cascade...
- Antioxidant properties of palm fruit extractsNagendran Balasundram
Human Nutrition Unit, School of Molecular and Microbial Biosciences, University of Sydney, NSW 2006 Australia
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 14:319-24. 2005..4 mM GAE. These findings suggest that the crude and ethanol extracts are able to scavenge free radicals, by either hydrogen or electron donating mechanisms, and can therefore act as primary antioxidants...
- Palm oil in human nutrition: recent advancesDavid Kritchevsky
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 11:S393. 2002
- Different palm oil preparations reduce plasma cholesterol concentrations and aortic cholesterol accumulation compared to coconut oil in hypercholesterolemic hamstersThomas A Wilson
Department of Health and Clinical Sciences, Center for Health and Disease Research, University of Massachusetts Lowell, Lowell, MA 01854-5125, USA
J Nutr Biochem 16:633-40. 2005..In conclusion, hamsters fed the three palm oil preparations had lower plasma TC and non-HDL-C and higher HDL-C concentrations while accumulating less aortic cholesterol concentrations compared to hamsters fed coconut oil...
- Red palm oil in experimental atherosclerosisDavid Kritchevsky
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 11:S433-7. 2002