N M Lai
Affiliation: International Medical University
- The product of outcome-based undergraduate medical education: competencies and readiness for internshipN M Lai
Clinical School, International Medical University, Jalan Rasah, Seremban, Malaysia
Singapore Med J 47:1053-62. 2006..We present an outcome-guided, self-reported competency profile of our undergraduate students near the end of their training, focusing on elements that are considered most immediately relevant for their internship...
- Medical students in their final six months of training: progress in self-perceived clinical competence, and relationship between experience and confidence in practical skillsN M Lai
Department of Paediatrics, International Medical University, Jalan Rasah, Seremban 70100, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
Singapore Med J 48:1018-27. 2007..We evaluated the progress in the self-perceived competence of medical students in a range of common clinical, practical and personal skills, in their final six months of training...
- Assessing undergraduate competence in evidence based medicine: a preliminary study on the correlation between two objective instrumentsN M Lai
Department of Paediatrics, Monash University Sunway Campus, Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Malaysia
Educ Health (Abingdon) 25:33-9. 2012..The adaptations were made mainly to simplify the presentation for our undergraduate students while preserving the contents that were assessed...
- Competence in evidence-based medicine of senior medical students following a clinically integrated training programmeN M Lai
Department of Paediatrics, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Monash University Malaysia, JKR 1235, Bukit Azah, 80100, Johor Bahru, Johor Darul Takzim, Malaysia
Hong Kong Med J 15:332-8. 2009..To assess the impact of a structured, clinically integrated evidence-based undergraduate medicine training programme using a validated tool. DESIGN. Before and after study with no control group...
- Teaching medical students neonatal resuscitation: knowledge gained and retained from a brief simulation-based training workshopN M Lai
Department of Paediatrics, Monash University Sunway Campus, Clinical School Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Educ Health (Abingdon) 25:105-10. 2012..Despite being an essential clinical skill, many junior doctors feel unprepared to perform neonatal resuscitation. We introduced a neonatal resuscitation training workshop in 2009 for our final-year medical students...
- Counseling for prenatal diagnosis and termination of pregnancy due to thalassemia major: a survey of health care workers' practices in MalaysiaC F Ngim
Department of Paediatrics, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Monash University Sunway Campus, Johor Balu, Malaysia
Prenat Diagn 33:1226-32. 2013..The aim of the study was to assess Malaysian HCWs' genetic counseling practices with regards to discussing prenatal diagnosis (PND) and termination of pregnancy (TOP) when counseling thalassemia carriers...